The Bundy Bus Euro 2013 Trip...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bundy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Custom
So we decided that in 2013 we'd bite the bullet and venture abroad in the van for the first time. So after months of trying to make sure the van was going to be ok and run cool enough (I run a 2 litre Scoob engine :msn4: ) we set off for our first stop in Kent down the road from the Tunnel...

First stop in Kent...The Drum Inn..

10 min blast to Tunnel early next morning...

Accidental route through (twice! :lol: ) Brussels centre...

Mid afternoon picked a site out of the ASCI campsite book that sounded nice and was just off our route. Turned out to be just down the road from the Nurburgring, so there was some nice machinery about! Turned out to be a lovely site...Kreuzberg...

Heading for Salzburg, Austria...a long way!

Salzburg...Another nice site and even bumped into pow off here! Small world...even smaller when our camping neighbours live near us at home!

To keep the family happy... 8)

Passed Red Bull's HQ having some new bulls installed...

Next stop Seefeld in the Tirol mountains...

Not a cheap Hotel, but nice vip hotel taxi...

Next a couple of nights on the Swiss side of Lake Constance...

Then onto our favourite part of the trip...Grindelwald in the Swiss Alps...

Had to sell a kidney for this trip up the Jungfrau, but had to be done after driving all that way! Well worth it though...

couple of other pics from up the other side of town...

Departing shot...

Drove Grindelwald back to the site in Kreuzberg in an 8 hour stint, then back to Calais in a 6 hour stint.
Home again after 2 thoroughly enjoyable weeks...a small amount of road kill!

I'd do it again tomorrow if I didn't have to work, but Salzburg is a long way out the way, so been there and done that. Next time we'd maybe spend more time at fewer/closer together places. Switzerland is a truly beautiful place with some stunning scenery and we'll be going back sometime (winter and summer!). Germans love the van with thumbs up and waving everywhere!
Overall about 2600+ miles, not worked out fuel costs etc, but will add when we do. I drove the whole way which did get a bit tiring sometimes, but on the whole was never an issue due to the fun and the scenery.
The van never missed a beat and was an utter pleasure to drive....even up some very long, steep hills fully loaded!
So, if you have yet to venture abroad in your bus I highly recommend that you do!
Cheers
Al

Haveacamper said:
Some real nice scenic shots there Al. Just wondered what tent you have there? it looks like an Oztent? I presume its not though as the poles don't break down on an Oztent

Hi Mate,
It's an Oztent RV-3, with additional longer 2.2m poles and the cross-support pole thingy, then bungee'd to the van ;)

Hi Mycha,

Lots...let me know what you'd like to see and I'll pm them to you.
Here's the only one I have to hand...

Cheers
Al
PS: If you're at Busfest you can have a look around it ;)

Those pics look great mate! Thanks for sharing 8)

I take it the bag on the roof was a cider 'bladder' with a straw through to the driver :lol:

I take it the bag on the roof was a cider 'bladder' with a straw through to the driver :lol:[/quote]

I wish! Cider supplies didn't last long! Had to resort to beer again....tough times mate :lol:

I wanna do trips like that! Now just got to make sure shes reliable and can last the distance. Thats the bus not the missus! :lol:

Top pics

what a great trip - glad it went smoothly - took me 8 hours just to get back from cornwall!!
amazing scenery, shame about the cider though :D

Blimey Rob...took me that long last year!

Thanks guys for the nice comments

Fantastic pics and story 8)
Glad you had a great time.
Have done the Euro tour a few times but in my A8 so appreciate you guys doing this in a van :mrgreen:

Bundy said:
Haveacamper said:
Some real nice scenic shots there Al. Just wondered what tent you have there? it looks like an Oztent? I presume its not though as the poles don't break down on an Oztent

Hi Mate,
It's an Oztent RV-3, with additional longer 2.2m poles and the cross-support pole thingy, then bungee'd to the van ;)

I never thought I was a tent anorak by any stretch, but anyone reading that may have thought different. hehe. i was watching an off-roading/exploring the bus programme on the Oz tv and the one guy was raving about it. then i looked at the prices and soon forgot...when i saw your pick i had to look up the name again hehe.

:)

NaFe

Haveacamper said:
Bundy said:
Haveacamper said:

Hi Mate,

I never thought I was a tent anorak by any stretch, but anyone reading that may have thought different. hehe. i was watching an off-roading/exploring the bus programme on the Oz tv and the one guy was raving about it. then i looked at the prices and soon forgot...when i saw your pick i had to look up the name again hehe.

:)

NaFe

Yeh, not cheap...but love it. So quick and easy...made the touring much more pleasurable 8)

Latest posts