The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mrgreen: believe me dooder, this was a serious heart stoppoing moment but a result! 8) and for an english bus to 8)

creationblue said:
Saw your bus today dood, some chav has nicked your rimz :lol: Seriously tho its looking good.

Just

:lol: i know! dirty chavs! They are all in the capable hands of Ant getting nicely striped 8)

Update time 8)

Adjustable spring plates on, heat exchangers wrapped & on, all welding done and undersealed, just need to re fit belly pans and seal 8) new heater cables, fuel gauge fixed, service and MOT done, new battery, new rear shocks 8)

One small problem :roll: i need a new central heater tube :| so luckily me man JAse has got one and thats being fitted today :mrgreen:

Some piccies for you.

Van170311005.jpg

Van170311001.jpg

Van170311006.jpg

The Money shot 8) not many UK buses with a floor as solid as this ;)
Van170311002.jpg

Few more details to go on and sort the adjustments etc on the spring plates and its off n rocking! Much appreciation to all the help from Jase @ Interpro.

Oh and dont worry the rocker cover oil leak has been fixed ;) the seal had got caught last time it was off :roll: :oops:

Looking good dude 8)

Notice on the shot of the other HX you had no pipe fitted to it from the fan shroud - on purpose/forgot or did it after the pic???

gninnam said:
Looking good dude 8)

Notice on the shot of the other HX you had no pipe fitted to it from the fan shroud - on purpose/forgot or did it after the pic???

Yea cheers dooder 8) dont worry the pipe is going on and isnt forgotten ;)

Still got that centre heater pipe going in, so all is good. 8) Thanks tho, its nice to know you have me back ;)

Just been going through your thread, and wat an amazing bus this is :D
But doesn't the handbrake cable need to go through the hole in the plate?? :roll:

stuif said:
Just been going through your thread, and wat an amazing bus this is :D
But doesn't the handbrake cable need to go through the hole in the plate?? :roll:

Can do dood, but i dont like the thought of them going through there with a chance of wearing etc. When the bus is on the floor they are well away from the plates so no probs. 8)

New heater pipe welded in and new floor pans welded on, sealed and protected. 8)

Looks like new under the bus now 8)

IMG_1065.jpg

Just a few last bits to do.

Accelerator pedal a bit laggy so needs adjustment.
Connect up heater cables to new controls.
Fix fuel gauge.
New Rocker covers to go on.

Cruise the fuck out of it ;)

looks damn good under there - job satisfaction - time to get out and roll them wheels 8)

Well chuffed for you :msn4:

Nice job on the floor pans - probably looks better than new now :D

Looking mighty fine easy :) But couldn't help posting a pic of the underside of my bus (seeing as you threw down the gauntlet :D)

DSC04086.jpg

Latest posts