The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers doods, its going to get all of my little niggles out of my head done and dusted in one hit. 8)

Ive bought the paint, hardner and thinners, just sending them off, for the bus to be sprayed to be sprayed next week.

Ian @ South West is like a machine, most of the work has been done already and is prepping for paint.

More pics to follow :mrgreen:

So the bus is back from the paint shop and to say im impressed is an understatement. Loads of new metal back in place and a nice underseal and new paint job from the swage line down. Happy me 8)

Sanding and searching for the causes of any rust.

New Metal going in.

battery trays and corners in and filled

Lower front panel sorted and filled.

The whole edges of the bus were sanded and sealed all the way round then prepped for paint.

Sanded, blocked, undercoated and filled. Uber straight and ready for paint!

Romeo done! crisp clean and straight, and the paint matches like a charm!

Uber happy! full respect and thanks to Ian and the crew at http://southwestvws.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers doods, all my door shuts were sorted as well so they are totally flush and the sliding door is now working like dream! 8)

Many thanks chaps, very kind of you 8)

It is seriously straight now and no hint of any ripple or peel. Better make sure i keep up with the polish! after all that hard work.

Going to start on the interior soon, for a freshen up but flat out at the moment on my house and other bits n pieces so it may have to wait a couple of months. Looking forward to getting back out and about as soon as the rain calms down a bit!

thanks again doods, high praise indeed :mrgreen:

So just getting sorted for next month as i am going for a tune up and a new clutch, converting to the later style one from the early for a much better feel, as i like to keep things fresh and running. Going to change my cables (hand break etc) at the same time and a nice service, so the ol girl is rocking and rolling. Then its finally time to crack on with my floor that i keep fucking going on about doing but i havent started yet!

Got some ideas, just need to see if they work! lol :mrgreen:

Great weekend, down at Braunton / Saunton, the bus performed as she always does, without missing a beat. Had a play with the new airbeam awning and its a thing of beauty! Usually the old awning would take me about 45 mins to put up, this was 10mins including cracking a cider 8) fucking spot on bit of kit!

didnt have the gutter pole, so the sides were pulled up and used the over the roof straps, but worked amazingly

Then we hit the beach for a surf with our mates 8)

Bloody hell someones been busy! Bus looks cracking you must be chuffed.

I've also ditched my old awning and have gone for a vango airbeam tent It's got a porch bit on the side that I can park the bus up against it.

6 man tent, pitched and pegged in about 15 minutes, 15 minutes to put away. It used to take about 90 minutes to do the awaning with all the pegging out and swearing. Airbeam is the way forward :)

Marriedblonde said:
Bloody hell someones been busy! Bus looks cracking you must be chuffed.

I've also ditched my old awning and have gone for a vango airbeam tent It's got a porch bit on the side that I can park the bus up against it.

6 man tent, pitched and pegged in about 15 minutes, 15 minutes to put away. It used to take about 90 minutes to do the awaning with all the pegging out and swearing. Airbeam is the way forward :)

Thank you 8) been very busy with new wiring, respray and some cheeky bits! the air beam should be called air dream! its insane and so much better than the kyam etc.

Got some more stuff planned in the next few weeks. Engine out for a new clutch upgrade to the later more reliable style clutch release bearing etc and a full engine service and tidy up then back in with new pipes and cables, all ready for some motoring! :mrgreen:

Also going to be fitting one of buttys RHD accelerator kits for some added sleekness! :mrgreen:

Buttys bits arrived safe and sound. The quality of these is already impressing me, hats off Simon! 8)

Looking forward to getting it on the bus now 8)

Marriedblonde said:
Yep got one on mine. Can't really say much more than it does what it is supposed to do perfectly

Huzza! looking forward to fitting it :mrgreen: did you lock tight the nuts just out of interest? (if its not a personal question! :lol: )

easy said:
Marriedblonde said:
Yep got one on mine. Can't really say much more than it does what it is supposed to do perfectly

Huzza! looking forward to fitting it :mrgreen: did you lock tight the nuts just out of interest? (if its not a personal question! :lol: )

I am an open book so ask away :) Yes I did. Bolt and braces is best in my book.

Coolio cheers, I may do it, just in case 8)

Latest posts