The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myvanway said:
That looks cock on. 8)

lol cheers dood :lol: 8)

Just got a few more jobs to do now and get my arese round to giving her a proper ol clean, which ive been putting off for an age :msn4:

Started sorting my list of winter jobs on the dough ball at the mo.

Sorted out a weird leak i had in the front which turned out to be a wiper spindle coming loose and not sealing correctly, changed both seals to make sure.

Restoring and repairing the rear hinge covers at the mo as the new replacement ones are shit! filling them and paining them back to a nice white.

Replaced the sunvisors as the old ones would not stay up and was doing my swede in, so replaced and work like a charm! sooo much whoter now as well :shock:

Took delivery of my 4 Devon table legs to use on my original table, been after some for years but eventually got some made by stan @ camper interiors, who turned and made me a set up :) look totally the same as the original and i can finally turn my interior table into one i can use outside. Awesome work and i just need to stain them/ wax them up the same colour as the rest of the wood. He also does exact match fittings 8)

Got a new rear hatch seal that will be fitted to the bus when i take it in for the roof and wheels to be painted Lotus white, around Feb 8) also got some new hub cap clips to fit as some of mine are bust.

Next step is to take the cooker and heat surround out of the original devon cooker unit for a big ol clean and respray of a few bits, ready for next year. (far to many fry ups i think! :lol: )

Looking at replacing the leisure battery as well next year to a high quality one as all the ones i have bought so far, only last about 3 years, so going big (which means unfortunately expensive! :cry: )

Gonna be looking sweat in the new year i hope! :)

Will pop up some pics soon. :mrgreen:

I'm liking your little cupboard behind the seat, what the story with that is it home made? Looks like just what I'm after!

Andy_sheff said:
I'm liking your little cupboard behind the seat, what the story with that is it home made? Looks like just what I'm after!

Thanks :) no its not home made, its an original Devon cupboard, restored by me, with all the right bits n pieces. A great bit of kit and works like a charm :mrgreen: 8)

Finding time to do jobs on the bus at the mo is difficult! but i got my freshly turned table legs to match the original devon interior ones. They are a perfect match in length and use a nice wood to match original grain etc.

So set about with some awesome Black Bison wood stain & polish which will bring them up to the same colour as the rest of the interior and give them a nice protective coating.

The colour is spot on and i will give them another coat or 2 just to deepen it, but they are spot on really straight of the bat!

Looking forward to finally being able to use my Devon table outside in the awning etc :) :mrgreen:

Legs look awesome! Where did you get them? What polish did you use?

We are missing one... One!! Gah.

abby said:
Legs look awesome! Where did you get them? What polish did you use?

We are missing one... One!! Gah.

Cheers, the polish is Liberon Wax polish, black Bison. great stuff and comes in a variety of different colours.

Got the legs from here, but the old guy who does them is semi retired so he maybe a little slow on making them if he hasnt got them in stock.

http://www.camperinteriors.co.uk/products/tables" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second coat of stain & wax, gonna let it dry then polish, then to fix the brackets to the table 8)

Getting there with my winter list!

New leisure battery purchased.
New seals on driver and passenger side, fit and adjust gaps, water test.
New rear hatch seal, fit and water test.
Repaint wheels - Got them properly done and taken back to the metal, prepped and repainted in Lotus white.
New stainless/chrome wipers.
Fit new brackets to table for legs.

Done!

Sooooo nearly ready for this years rocking n rolling!
Just got some new curtains to make and clean up the cooker :shock: :oops: then its rock n roll time! :mrgreen:

Awesome weekend in the sun at The Vintage Nostalgia show, great vintage rides and of course was nice to get the bus out in the sun for long few days camping :mrgreen:

So been busy with house moving and work, but also getting dough ball ready for a new year of camping n a cruising! new brakes, fresh MOT and a full mop n polish. Hope you like :)

Latest posts