the stone roses hype

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andewilson

Reaction score
so guys, who got onboard with the stone roses hype?

i know its guna be the biggest let down of next year, and blatently 20 quid more than it should have been. but i had to get a ticket.

anyone else get one?

Saw em in 90 fucking brilliant dont want to spoil that memory.....plus it helped being able to stage dive at the time.....hate to think of the reppocussions of repeating that now adays

Not sure if it's hype, they've been worshipped for years now. The price was a choker but I guess it will be a strong line up of support so think more 'mini festival' :lol:
I've seen the Mondays and the Carpets so this is the final chapter for me. Can't wait!

I think I may be just justifying the expense ... :shock:

I was asked to buy some for a mate, so 2 were his and 2 were mine!
in the end i sold all 4 to him for face value (im nice like that 8) )

I saw Ian brown a few years back and he was ok.......but could'nt justify the expense, plus i reckon i would feel pretty young in the crowd (im 23)
And if the crowd that Oasis is anything to go by i dont fancy being soaked in piss and carling again. :lol: :roll:

I didn't get tickets :( Tho I would deffo pay to see John Squire - the man is a genius :mrgreen:

I've seen Ian Brown solo and he was crap :lol: but The Seahorses were ace! 8)

Araon said:
Saw em in 90 fucking brilliant dont want to spoil that memory.....plus it helped being able to stage dive at the time.....hate to think of the reppocussions of repeating that now adays

Apparently I was present at quite a few gigs, clubs and "parties" in the late 80's and early 90's but can't remember any of it....

.....apart from having my head shaved by some girlies in the Hacienda. That was memorable :lol:

I also didnt get any tickets :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I saw them a Brixton before they split and it's was the best gig i have ever been to. I really did grow up with the Roses, got every thing they ever released, vinyl,12"s,videos,signed posters etc etc.

Total gutted i didnt get any ticket. Fingers cross there going to do more dates :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

I DONT think its Hype........... Esp if You GOT tickets ;)

I will see you, If you got tickets on the Friday night :mrgreen: I think its going to be a legendary comeback , Ive seen the seahorses who were Ace ,also Oasis ( NOTE at maine rd when they were good ) and Blur etc this will just finish the list 8)

I cant wait :D :D :D

dont get me wrong, i think it will be a great weekend. and i really do hope they turn out to be good. the last time i saw them live was their last ever gig at reading festival (see the bad u tube clips).

its more the frenzy of getting tickets etc and the fact the all sell out now in record breaking time, then all appear on ebay the same day. causing a false sell out etc.

i too managed to see oasis at maine road, sea horses at rock city etc, and would class stone roses as my favourite band up until the last few years when the charlatans have kinda taken over as my number 1 as they continue to release new material.

sadly dean i got saturday tickets so wont be able to meet up for the drinken carnage that will surely happen. lets hope they see it through and dont fall out after the first gig.

Dean, we have Friday tickets so see u for beers on us, no expense spared that weekend!
I have wanted to see these guys live since 1988 but could never afford it!! We have booked hotel for Fri & Sat so we can party all weekend. Give u an idea of how much Iike em.. as well as loads of vinyl I also have original Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman II.

2012 - third summer of love!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.764270,-2.383003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw there last ever gig, with some bloke from simply red on the giutar, it was shocking....truley aweful...

I'll be getting tickets when they announce more dates though...(unfortunately the manc gig is a week after my wedding - couldn't see her wearing that one..)

I've seen Ian Brown live a few times, always superb....often does a few roses numbers but you have to allow for the fact that he really can't sing...I mean not at all, hardly a note in tune....But well that doesn't really matter...It will be amazing, fookin amazing actually.

So as long as you go with expectation of ropey vocals (think velvety Mark e Smith) it'll be awseome, god I'm jealous...sold out in 14 minutes!!!

As a mate said to me "Its like the 90's never finsihed" ....there will be some haggard faces and aching heads after that one....

Madchester.... rave on....

Saw Ian Brown a few years back and it was the worse concert I have ever been too :evil:

The wife is more of a fan than me and after 3 songs she turned round to look at me and suggested that we leave......
Full of Manc wannabes pissed and drugged up - he couldn't sing but at least the band were in tune.

So when the announcement came up both me and the missus decided to give it a miss.

All those that are going I hope it lives up to the hype and you have a great time :D

Saw them years ago at Newport Centre and Ian Brown was awful. He was at the top then too. Won't bother now

Latest posts