The weird bus. AKA Rosie

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doz

Reaction score
I thought I'd put a few pictures up of my strange bus. Made in Brazil as a complete knockdown kit (is that the correct term?) then shipped to South Africa for assembly. However her globe trotting didn't stop there. She was shipped to the UK new in 1972 as a Kombi. After that god only knows but she was a barn find about 5 years ago. A late Westfalia bus gave up it's roof when she was restored and Vaughan Green worked his magic on the inside. I've got loads I want to do to her. Lower her a little, sort the brakes, gearbox swap then give the motor a little tweek but apart from that I just want to keep her looking nice and use her lots. She may not be to everybody's taste and some may say she's inferior as Rosie wasn't built in Germany. However She's still with us, celebrates her 40th birthday in December and as of yet I've not met another one. Oh and we all do love her even if she makes me swear lots sometimes. Anyway here's some piccies

Photo0122.jpg

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

Must admit going back a few years before i read my bus books, this would have confused me totally :D now i think they are really cool looking

Its a totally unique looking bus and looks in superb condition, liking the colour scheme inside too.

nice work

If you know the title of a good book which tells the story of these buses let me know!! I'd love to work out a bit more of the history of her. From what I understand 75 kits were shipped to SA. How many came to Blighty I have no idea.

It is indeed a Fleetline. It does get some funny stares.