Thermo mats!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have thought about using them, but i am not a fan of them. They work well, but curtains are the way to go and they dont look like something that is better off in a mondeo!! :lol: :lol:

If its just the front curtain you are doing, I have a top idea that will save you all the time in the world and looks better than silent gliss etc :wink:

Let me know. 8)

Basically get 4 big popper fasteners from a textile shop and drill out the middle of the male one.

1. Pop rivit one into the top of the pillar above the top seat belt mount.
2. Pop rivit another on the pillar to the right of the sun visor (in the corner above the window)
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Measure the distance between all the poppers i.e around the window from pillar to pillar.
5. Make a curtain this length, but put elastic in the hem of the window side.
6. Put the popper female ends on the curtain (sewn in or whatever) in the corresponding corners.
7. Done!
It will take you about 5 seconds to put the curtain up and wont slide around while driving. You dont need curtain ties etc. When you put the curtain up it goes behind the rear view mirror and sun shades (tight because of the elastic)

Looks well neat and you only need to drill 4 holes!

I will try and find some pics of it in place, for you :D

could you not just use 2 poppers on the pillars running a curtain along the line of the bulkhead and just close off the cab area?

You can certainly do that for a Panel like scampi`s but it gives you that extra space in the front for sitting etc.

Plus the roof is curved so you would have a gap over the top of the curtain, which is quite big. I have looked into this and it doesn`t quite work. :D

Latest posts