Tinware for a 1600 into a crosser GRP?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bertiethebus

Reaction score
Evening!
So I have a little 1500 sp to pop into my crossover to tide me over and indeed the tin which goes over the flywheel end of the engine...
Hens teeth I keep hearing :roll:
A couple of people have mentioned GRP ones but I can't find anything :?
Can anyone help me out with this as I just keep finding more and more stumbling blocks

I think coolair may do these - we also get 10% discount

Is this the one you're after http://www.kingfisherkustoms.co.uk/productDetail.php?productId=3084" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might have one in metal to sell if it is.

You might try the "the gate keeper" in the parts section.
It will be a lot cheaper in the long run if you can do it the way I did. However if you don't have the parts then above is a good idea. Yes they are expensive and for NOS was quoted in the region of 400 pounds :shock: . Well I do understand as they are no longer made hence.......Good luck with the search. Hope this helps.

J & P
:D :D :D

paul_q said:
Is this the one you're after http://www.kingfisherkustoms.co.uk/productDetail.php?productId=3084" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might have one in metal to sell if it is.
Aye that's the ones ( I only need the flywheel one) PM me if you have one matey :)

Coolair Discount -from another member's post:

Give them a call first and they will set you up for an Earlybay 10% discount 8)
(You need to make sure you have 50 posts on Earlybay so 1 more to go!)

Spence[/quote]

Sure I seen in a recent volksworld some company is making metal ones again.

Webbaldo said:
Sure I seen in a recent volksworld some company is making metal ones again.

Your thinking of the rear and not the front tin:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/bay-bus/211119523S5/tinware-engine-rear-x5-1600cc-t2-baywindow-8-71-79/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bertiethebus said:
Trikky2 said:
It's also easy to mod a beetle one to make it fit.
for over the flywheel?

That's what I did. I had a spare beetle engine case lying around so I bolted it up with the over-flywheel tinware fitted, chucked it in, and made wee cardboard templates for the little "wings".
Cut them out of steel, tack welded them on and painted them, cost the best part of 50p as I didn't bother washing my paintbrush afterwards.

I have an original set that I could have powder coated for you both bits including the front tin

Not cheap tho £240 powered coated

I make the over flywheel (front) tin in GRP...

I don't make a massive amount of them as they're a pain in the hoop to trim once you pull it from the mould...

7c24ac8df24f8fbf085a5b9a701cd25f.jpg

£100 plus post.

Happystamps said:
bertiethebus said:
Trikky2 said:
It's also easy to mod a beetle one to make it fit.
for over the flywheel?

That's what I did. I had a spare beetle engine case lying around so I bolted it up with the over-flywheel tinware fitted, chucked it in, and made wee cardboard templates for the little "wings".
Cut them out of steel, tack welded them on and painted them, cost the best part of 50p as I didn't bother washing my paintbrush afterwards.

Winner :lol:

Cheers for the advice but Mr paul_q has sorted me out with a steel one.... Just awaiting its arrival and the engine will be fitted 8)

Latest posts