Todsters Engine Rebuild

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Froggy,
IIRC the heads were around £150 each new complete built (Cool Air). The BMD pulley kit I bought direct from BMD to get the non-standard colour, we're thinking the bus is going to end up blue/purple. The kit came out after exchange rate at £179.00 including $50 freight and $50 for special colour, Beats paying £199 in the UK and the UK suppliers all show that model on their websites, but when you enquire, they all only do the solid pulleys with black, red, blue and silver options. When I ordered it, they told me 4 weeks for the special colour, it arrived within 2 8)

Cheers
Mark

Hi Loxy,
I have taken it back off tonight and realized why i put it on that way.
Have a look at these photos:
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Unfortunatley, there is no instruction as to which way round this goes. I fitted it the way it seems to fit best. If you turn it around the other way, there is hardly any metal to metal contact as the pulley centre is about 2mm bigger than the recess in the chrome washer thingy. What do you think?

Cheers
Mark

Heres a slightly better pic on this link - see how the cone is the same size as the pulley centre?
which is how mine looks, perhaps its worth sending bmd your pics & asking them?

http://www.vwheritage.com/ssp/Electrical/BMD-Pulley-Kits/?templateID=ssp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Mate,
I have realized what I've done, a while ago, before I bought the BMD kit, I got a pulley nut, I've been trying to fit the kit with that, not the nut I've just found in the bottom of the BMD box :roll: :roll:
******* muppet. If anyone wants a chrome pulley nut, as per the above photos, give me a shout, first to speak up gets it, thats if Loxy doesn't want it.

Cheers
Mark

Todster said:
Hi Mate,
I have realized what I've done, a while ago, before I bought the BMD kit, I got a pulley nut, I've been trying to fit the kit with that, not the nut I've just found in the bottom of the BMD box :roll: :roll:
******* muppet. If anyone wants a chrome pulley nut, as per the above photos, give me a shout, first to speak up gets it, thats if Loxy doesn't want it.

Cheers
Mark

Was just thinking I had seen a nut like that before somewhere - then realised I bought the same chrome nut a while back before I got the BMD kit - perhaps we should set up a group sale for chrome pulley nuts :lol:

Latest posts