Tracker should I fit one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sydney1 said:
Anyone interested in one of the cgmart units? I've enquired about discount for a bulk buy so will report back when I hear.

I'd prob be up for one as well!

Are these devices this easy to bypass for £10... ? Any self respecting thief will have one of these

Mini Portable Car GPS Signal Jammer Blocker Isolator Anti Signal Tracker Spy New

OR : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Portable-Car-GPS-Signal-Jammer-Blocker-Isolator-Anti-Signal-Tracker-Spy-New-/250896391399?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a6a971ce7#ht_4379wt_1185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sydney1 said:
the_troupster said:
Indeed, me too.

I'm not sure they'd beat the £67 delivered jobbie from China though :?:

Jim

True. The guy selling them over here states clearly that his are better that the others being sold on ebay from China. It maybe complete bull but for the sake of 40 odd quid I'm personally willing to give him the benefit. The UK ones are already set up and come with a UK SIM card (O2), a manual in proper English and a phone number to resolve any installation problems.

ref the china one.
All i can say is this, I purchased it as I already had a SIM card so thought the extra £40 wasnt worth spending
if it was the same product - and also the China one had the optional extra remote control.
Thelatebay forum bought a CGMart one and one of the guys there bought a China one too and posted that they both came in exactly the same box.
Also the instructuions ARE in English and fairly comprehensive (i am looking at them now) although a basic install is only 2 wires to the battery 8) you can do that without any guidance whatsoever :lol:

Can CGMart advise exactly how his are better ?? and if true how they spookily both managed to find the identical packaging suppliers :roll:
Also maybe CGMart can advise you if theres come with a keyfob remote control ?????
Sorry guys but hate it when people try to say ours is better if they are the same product, ask
him to confirm EXACTLY where his are made - surely it cant be China can it :? :roll:

Why cant some companies just say, we charge £40.00 more for you to have it in couple of days
and not 8-10 plus we thro in a sim card but you dont get a remote - simples - you can then decide
quite easily rather than ours is better than theres sh?te ..........

If your still unsure, check out thelatebay forum, but make sure you look at BOTH posts so you get an unbiased
point of view.

I will add this is totally my opinion and I have only put this up so you get the chance to decide yourselves, either way the product itself is very very good and worth its purchase price regardless of supplier.

Sorry, rant over fellas, my bus is at t2d and i am in a bad mood cos i wanna drive in it !!! :lol:

cheers
danny

Eeza said:
Are these devices this easy to bypass for £10... ? Any self respecting thief will have one of these

Mini Portable Car GPS Signal Jammer Blocker Isolator Anti Signal Tracker Spy New

OR : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Portable-Car-GPS-Signal-Jammer-Blocker-Isolator-Anti-Signal-Tracker-Spy-New-/250896391399?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a6a971ce7#ht_4379wt_1185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you will never beat a determined thief.
All you can do is add layers of defence, the tracker is a very useful part of this not to mention its ability as a panic button texting an alert for help to 10 mobiles with your co-ordinates and a map.
Also at £67.00 OR £109.00 its not alot for a fairly good piece of defence, if they havent got the blocker
there fooked ! and if they have they probably have to constantly have it pressed.

cheers
dany

I do fancy one of these as god knows nobody takes any notice of an alarm these days, just wondered if it was that easy to jam the GPS bit ?

Reality is if they REALLY want your van (tay have a buyer already) there's not too much you can do, its the opportunist looking to make a few quid on fleabay by breaking your vehicle that you can foil.

Sydney1 said:
Anyone interested in one of the cgmart units? I've enquired about discount for a bulk buy so will report back when I hear.

I'll be interested in one, count me in

I'd be interested if they can beat the china price, I don't believe the products are any different......

67westy said:
I'd be interested if they can beat the china price, I don't believe the products are any different......

I doubt very much he will beat the China price because my gut feel is that they are the probably one in the same and he has negotiated some sort of discount. Just hoping to reduce the difference really and then we can all decide whether we by from UK enmass or individually via ebay

I'm under no illusion that the CGmart one is specially for the UK.Yeah, more that likely from China originally,isn't that where most electronics comes from? however,if CGmart offer a good enough discount,I would be interested in a group buy.

67westy said:

Thanks for all the extra info.

I will be interested in one, so count me in.

I would be interested, but need to know if it can take any sim as O2 gets a dead signal where my van is kept, but Vodafone is full signal.

Termite said:
I would be interested, but need to know if it can take any sim as O2 gets a dead signal where my van is kept, but Vodafone is full signal.

mine was a 7 year old orange payg sim not used for 2 years and it works perfectly. 8) :D

Latest posts