Tracker should I fit one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the reply from cgmart in response to a suggestion that their product is the same as the sub £70 unit available via ebay

"Photos might look the same but there are a lot of Clones from China and the internal wiring is not good and blows easy...some even fail with the UK band width and wont work in Europe.

The Remote is only to Arm and disarm the unit by pressing a button, so that if someone starts the car or opens the door it will send you a txt. With our unit the same function can be activated but you just send the unit a txt to arm and disarm instead.

You will also have to pay Duty & VAT on the package before the courier will deliver it, plus the cost of the Sim with credit....Delivery from China will be 30ish days, and you will need to work out how to set them up without and UK backup.

Ours come with the Sim fitted and setup ready for you to install, wire up and go. We have a Uk phone backup for help installing or using. We have sold hundreds of these now without any bad comments, Ive got one in my Car and it really is as good as it sounds"

You can choose to believe or not believe the sales pitch as you see fit. They have agreed to a £10 reduction on the £110 unit which includes a SIM with £10 credit subject to receiving a minimum of 10 orders. On the basis of this, please can I have a final list of interested parties giving me your user name. I will pass this on to cgmart so that the discount can be given when you order.
Because they will only send out once a minimum order of 10 is received I suggested you add your name on the basis that you are willing to place your order direct by close of business next Friday so that it does not drag on.

1. Sydney1

ed. said:
Couple of questions.

Are these the same? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Realt...ics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item33660d9c58

Maybe, maybe not. See CGMart reply to my questionIf the tracker texts you with its location ect, do you have to keep topping up the sim?
It only texts when activated so it would need to have a reasonable mount of credit on it at any one time but this can be done remotely.
Here is the link to thelatebay thread, just for info. http://thelatebay.com/index.php?topic=510.msg15305#msg15305

I think the only advantage of getting the CFmart one over the China version (they must both be the same) is if it goes wrong you can easily send it back.
Agreed. Personal decision

Sydney1 said:
"Photos might look the same but there are a lot of Clones from China and the internal wiring is not good and blows easy...some even fail with the UK band width and wont work in Europe.

The Remote is only to Arm and disarm the unit by pressing a button, so that if someone starts the car or opens the door it will send you a txt. With our unit the same function can be activated but you just send the unit a txt to arm and disarm instead.

You will also have to pay Duty & VAT on the package before the courier will deliver it, plus the cost of the Sim with credit....Delivery from China will be 30ish days, and you will need to work out how to set them up without and UK backup.

1) Latebay opened theres up and all wiring looked a ok
2) without the remote it costs you a text each time
3) no duty / vat paid as it just turned up at my door like latebays one, presume minimal order value/test sample
4) 30ish days is rubbish - mine turned up in 10 and so did the one on latebay i believe and is trackable en-route
5) instructions where very clear and see no reason backup required BUT the factory does provide if thru ebay and is very open to contact.

They also sell all the other parts / extras so presume they maybe the manufacturer ?? but cant say for sure.

ALL said and done, I see no reason not to order off CGmart and if i wanted another right now for the cost with a sim would probably go ahead, just back when i ordered mine i had a sim and £67.00 was a write offable amount if it was crap if ya get me, just hate the way CG tried to justify it, they are a business and cant see why they dont just say they have to make a profit somehow. I would respect that and I do think there price point is quite acceptable now i know the product.

cheers
Dany

:lol: :lol: ha ha ha piece of pi-- to fit bought my own orange sim payg free texts from my phone still 10 quid have been playing with it tonight and it works great considering fitting one in the wifes handbag keep an eye on her...... no it really works great, i was a bit lazy and only fitted the pos and neg for now but will wire in a secret place later i saved all the commands in my archive file on my phone .. would deff recommend . :D :D :D :D

1. Sydney1
2. Graham L
3. Millhouse
4. Nigel
5. Curly head
6. jimthebin
7. meowdmucker
8. AGC
9. Monkeytosh

1. Sydney1
2. Graham L
3. Millhouse
4. Nigel
5. Curly head
6. jimthebin
7. meowdmucker
8. AGC
9. Monkeytosh
10.Doris

I wonder if they would increase the discount if we get 10+ ?

I'm interested but like others O2 is shite here, I'd need Voda or Orange which tempts me to the ebay one, as I have both a voda and orange payg sim already...

did we get the answer is the unit in essence unlocked - they just choose to add a payg sim with credit on it.....

1. Sydney1
2. Graham L
3. Millhouse
4. Nigel
5. Curly head
6. jimthebin
7. meowdmucker
8. AGC
9. Monkeytosh
10.Doris
11. Tezzah

Can I get one, I just found this thread???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Doris said:
1. Sydney1
2. Graham L
3. Millhouse
4. Nigel
5. Curly head
6. jimthebin
7. meowdmucker
8. AGC
9. Monkeytosh
10.Doris

I wonder if they would increase the discount if we get 10+ ?

I had to push a bit for the tenner as I was looking for multiple addresses but I will try when I have final numbers

dubdubz said:
I'm interested but like others O2 is shite here, I'd need Voda or Orange which tempts me to the ebay one, as I have both a voda and orange payg sim already...

did we get the answer is the unit in essence unlocked - they just choose to add a payg sim with credit on it.....

The unit is unlocked yes

Tezzah said:
1. Sydney1
2. Graham L
3. Millhouse
4. Nigel
5. Curly head
6. jimthebin
7. meowdmucker
8. AGC
9. Monkeytosh
10.Doris
11. Tezzah

Can I get one, I just found this thread???

Of course more the merrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I think this may be prudent, so if you`d be good enough to add me to your rapidly growing list I`d me more than glad to join you. I`m also thinking it may be better to `not' advertise the fact that you have one. Am I right ?????

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I think this may be prudent, so if you`d be good enough to add me to your rapidly growing list I`d me more than glad to join you. I`m also thinking it may be better to `not' advertise the fact that you have one. Am I right ?????

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I think that's a good point. I've got one on my beemer which came from the manufacturer and costs me £200 a year because I'd struggle to get insurance otherwise.

This I see as a different kettle of fish. As hard as I will try to hide the device it's not going to be 'full proof'.
More just a bit of piece of mind which I'm in control of.

Latest posts