Tracker should I fit one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the CG Mart tracker is installed, and working....how does it work?
Do you have to text it to disarm the tracker every time you want to use the bus? Then text it to arm it once your parked?

As you can tell, I've not read much on it as yet, but as there is only a + and - connection to the battery to supply the power, no immobilizer for it to work off, how would it know which is genuine movement of the vehicle and which is not? ......if that makes sense....

....Feel the love!

hi guys, will insurance companys accept the cgmart tracker, going to get one eitherway seems amazing value and reading through a couple of the pages seems easy and well worth it :D

Foz said:
Once the CG Mart tracker is installed, and working....how does it work?
Do you have to text it to disarm the tracker every time you want to use the bus? Then text it to arm it once your parked?

As you can tell, I've not read much on it as yet, but as there is only a + and - connection to the battery to supply the power, no immobilizer for it to work off, how would it know which is genuine movement of the vehicle and which is not? ......if that makes sense....

....Feel the love!
Foz,
you can use it as simply or as cleverly as you choose.its live all of the time.The basic operation is...you ring it,it hangs up after 2 rings then texts you its location.simple as! you can also set it up to text you how fast its going,if its moved outside certain parameters etc but its all in the instruction manual.

Hi Foz,

Yes you do have to arm and disarm the CGMart tracker via text. I have seen on eBay that someone is selling an identical tracker to the CGMart offering, but it has a siren and a key fob to arm the system. You can track the vehicle location at any time by calling the sim card number, which will text back the location. Other features include being able to track if the vehicle has moved location (default is 200m) and a panic button which sends an SOS message to whatever number is set up as the admin.

No idea if insurance companies accept it for insurance purposes; I'm just happy that I know if anyone tries to nick my bus!

Cheers

Matt

Ok thanks for the replies guys. Can't wait to get mine installed now, for extra piece of mind!
Just give me some sunshine and a couple of hours 1 weekend. Is that too much to ask for in June? lol

....Feel the love!

Hi guys, i bought a SKY-TAG when they were on offer last year, had no problems get regular emails as to its health and signal strength. Last month i got an email from them to say my battery was low, i rang them and they checked everything was ok. They could ectually tell me which tree i was parked next to on the campsite. So top marks from me. I think £6 amonth is nothing for piece of mind.

Attempting to fit my tracker today......1 quick question...
Are these vans negative earthed or positive earthed vehicles???
I just dont wanna mess up here and blow the unit!
I would presume negative earthed......

Foz said:

Should be Negative earth :D easy way to check is to follow the cables from the battery whichever one leaves the battery and is bolted direct to the vehicles body determines it :D

Shaun

Thanks for the quick replies guys, all sorted and installed successfully!

....Feel the love!

hi all

wonder if you can help, have recently got a tracker with remote off e-bay from china (7day delivery no import duty :D ).
now problem starts :?
on way home other day was involved in major RTA in my works vehicle, had tracker in its box in van with me, mate was able to pick up tracker but was unable to find instruction booklet with all the codes to send to tracker can anyone post or pm me the details of which codes are needed to operate unit, (or even a copy i can scan and return)
thanks in advance (have e-mailed company to see if they have manual they can e-mail me just waiting to hear back).
p.s. what sim card are people using?

I've got one at home I can scan and email over on Monday. PM me your email address.
I'm using an O2 in one and Vodafone in another. Both work fine

Hi,

This any use, i guess you have one of the TK103's?

http://www.gpstracking.co.in/documents/TK103.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forum:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=140912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.

A Google search with your model number will find all the info out.

Cheers!

Alistair

thanks for the replys, have received the user manual for GPS103-B and also tracker software
platform user manual on e-mail today from china so should be able to get going on this,

if anyone else needs a copy i can forward this on.

just need to get sim

thanks again Pete

Latest posts