Tracker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edd72bay

Reaction score
This has prob been asked a million time but I'm thinking of fitting a tracker to the van.
What ones are good?? What should I avoid?? Do I get hard wired or not?? are they worth it?? And so on and so forth....
Cheers in advance
Edd

try these people I have one of these I think they are very good

http://www.tisogps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0161 368 0388 ask for craig quote VWcamper you will get discount too

Having fit a new tracker on my bus recently it struck me how few options there are in a Bay to conceal the device/aerial (which granted are much smaller than they used to be) whilst still delivering a "view" of the satellites that isn't obscured by metal shielding. Not easy. The only hard wiring needed is a simple 12v supply to keep the battery topped-up. Not essential, but will make it a fit and forget install.

Also eBay is littered with £10 jammers that claim to deprive any tracker of its gps signal. I'm not sure how effective they are (not being a gangster) and I think most systems will use cellular tracking info if the gps is lost. That's less accurate, but a decent start.

Overall the device I chose cost about £70 subscription-free and does a much better job imho than the expensive RAC tracker I had on the bus before... And the insurance premium no different.

hi I've fitted a skytag tracker a few years ago and found them to be really good. they send monthly emails to confirm all is well with the tracker or if theres any sort of problem with the device not that I've had any.
They seem to have a good record of recovery, not that I've been unfortunate to have to call them.
£6.99 p/m subscription.

Latest posts