Trickle charger recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_q

Reaction score
Looking to buy a trickle charger for the main battery over the winter. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks

I use a ctek charger on mine, great bit of kit. I believe that aldi also do one for about half the price which is good but you'll have to wait for the appropriate specials weekend.

I had the Aldi one, left it on the car over winter came back to find it failed and drained the battery beyond re charging.. Was a new battery that cost me £60 so that was £120 on batteries in a couple of months.. was not best pleased

£26.00 off EBay and still going strong. Does only the leisure battery at the moment and stays quite cool.

J & P
:D :D :D

Just re fitted my Ctek to the bus yesterday. I like their's because there is a choice of either a fitting to the battery that you just plug into, or you can still use the croc clips if you prefer. The temperature control version is around £60 on Amazon at the moment and this is the third season I've used mine so well worth the cost against new batteries

Ctek too, it has a lead with a plug that's permanently fitted to the battery (with a blank for when not in use), just plug into this, easy.

Got a Ctek hard wired into the Bus. When she's parked up at home just plug it in same as a hook-up on any camp site.

Working together with a normal split charger system, which charges the Bus battery first then tops up the LB when on the move, then when plugged in on site (or at home) the Ctek does the reverse, LB first, then the Bus battery. Keeps both batteries at 100% charge which should give the longest life.

Got the idea form this forum, cannot remember who posted the info, but they had spoken direct to the Ctek people and been told how to do it.

Works a treat, so who ever that was, Thank you :D

matt-me said:
Ctek too, it has a lead with a plug that's permanently fitted to the battery (with a blank for when not in use), just plug into this, easy.

Same here - all the leads can be picked up on fleabay, i have one on the bus battery, one on the leisure batt. and one on the harley so just plug it in to whatever one needs a topup at the time! ;)

Latest posts