Trip to France advice..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys - have a great trip Rusty :D

Right, another one for you all - Travel Insurance.... Our Van insurance only covers up to £100 personal belongings. My board alone is £400 +. Travel Insurance covers so much for 'baggage' but as we will have a lot more stuff with us than we would if we were flying, we are a bit unsure of what to do. Is there any specific insurance for camper travelling does anyone know? Never even consider this when we are travelling in this country :? I'm assuming we 'declare' the board and then it's imperative that the premium will go up just 'cause I surf... ie... medical implications also :roll:

Any tips / info would be helpful..

Cheers :D

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring the insurance thing up again. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company that covers contents of the van as well as medical cover for surfing - and preferably with personal liability cover also.

We finally (after the other half spending hours searching) found a company that seemed to cover everything, only to be told on checking by telephone that they won't cover us in a camper. All insurance companies quote 'baggage'.

Tried searching for camper travel insurance on google, but it just comes up with motor vehicle insurance....

Any recommendations greatly awaited ;) Cheers :D

We are off to France next Thursday- camper is all serviced and washed. Its waxing time and interior prep today, followed by purchasing a new cd player. Cant wait!!

analord said:
We are off to France next Thursday- camper is all serviced and washed. Its waxing time and interior prep today, followed by purchasing a new cd player. Cant wait!!

me too :shock: were on the 7.50 chunnel

going to st tropez then italian lakes germany and home 20 days cant wait

my tip dont forget your spare key ;)

chris

Were off on the 13th

St Tropez, Corsica,Monaco , Menton and Disneyland!

:D

Clem said:
Were off on the 13th

we will be leaving st tropez on the 13th,heading towards italy ill keep an eye out for you ;) we fancy corsica next year how you getting on there ? where from etc?

chris

I'm in France right now! :lol:

With regards to insurance I have got my expensive stuff covered through my home contents. Rang them and explained what was what and my premium didn't change at all!

On top of this I got travel insurance from http://www.duinsure.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as they provided adequate medical cover and allowed an add-on for personal belongings being kept in a vehicle overnight. Read the fine print or give them a call as ours are only covered if they are in the boot with the parcel shelf in place (sadly not in the van but an estate).

HTH and have a great trip!

If I see any EB'ers when I hit up the coast I'll be sure to pop by and say hi :)

crede999 said:
Clem said:
Were off on the 13th

we will be leaving st tropez on the 13th,heading towards italy ill keep an eye out for you ;) we fancy corsica next year how you getting on there ? where from etc?

chris

We sail from Nice and then back to there a week later. Well probably nip to Italy for the sake of saying we've been :) be cool to spot each other !

Clem said:
crede999 said:
Clem said:
Were off on the 13th

chris

We sail from Nice and then back to there a week later. Well probably nip to Italy for the sake of saying we've been :) be cool to spot each other !

Will keep an eye out , if you nip to Italy go to lake como were going there's a campsite in Lenno on the left side of como,(the campsite isnt on any map but its there 5 mins to the beach bimble ) 24 euros for the night ! Probably about a 5 hour drive from nice , it's stunning ! ;)
Anyhow enjoy you trip , it's 80 odd down there at the minute :shock: be safe

Chris

crede999 said:
Will keep an eye out , if you nip to Italy go to lake como were going there's a campsite in Lenno on the left side of como,(the campsite isnt on any map but its there 5 mins to the beach bimble ) 24 euros for the night ! Probably about a 5 hour drive from nice , it's stunning ! ;)
Anyhow enjoy you trip , it's 80 odd down there at the minute :shock: be safe

Chris

When I say pop to Italy, I mean jump the border for the 'sign' shot! :lol: To be honest I dont want to drive much further at that point, I just checked the weather and its scorchio... moreso on Corsica! 8)
Im at the 'getting worried' stage now. I havent actually got a roof canvas in the van right now, it should all come together though?? :?

Have a great trip and hope alls good for you too.

hey matt i hope you enjoy your hols but you need to also take hi vis jackets for all in the van this is the french law we were there in april its fab next time try ld lines they are well cheap enjoy rich. :)

I've just got back from a wek in Brittany, what a great place to drive in, the roads were so quiet.

Latest posts