Tub build pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mark they'll look even better once they've been trimmed.
Looking forward to see how she drives after all your hard work :?

Mark

Thanks dude
Although as mark will tell you there more important jobs I should be doing like front arches but hey the look comes first to me 8)

Mark6455 said:
Thanks dude
Although as mark will tell you there more important jobs I should be doing like front arches but hey the look comes first to me 8)

I know its aircooled (and most of them leak) but I'd actually say "stopping your engine taking little oily wee's everywhere it stops" would be priority. But that's just me.

Oh and isn't the body part of the looks? I think you mean stance is important but then why the daft mirrors? :lol:

Ouch talk about kick me in the nuts :shock:
It's only a drip ;)
And don't knock them mirrors I know you keep wacking your head on them but I love them :D
There only minor faults mark an easy fix I'm sure

Btw just been offered a nearside rust free arch cut for £150 is that good?

Mark (the liver of big mirrors,scabby arches and oily patches)

Lol it's not a kick in the nuts, you know me and ur van have a love hate relationship.

Heritage were selling a twisted "seconds" arch last week on eBay for £120, I think 150 is the going rate for a cut but a dealer/breaker on here would tell you better.

Is it a proper 72 arch? Just be careful cause you might end up with one and struggle to get the other.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know mate only kidding
It's a 69/71 early arch so the same as is I'll give them a call tomorrow to get more info

Don't work too hard dude

Well following a couple of issues with the beam ends ploughing the Tarmac and very soft front end it seems ok now thanks to mark(89rallye)
Beam ends trimmed
Spax adjustables replaced with coil overs( I think there the cheaper gsf ones quit stiff)

The stance now

DDE54B3E-6A58-4EAF-B72D-1DAC1AC6F543-2604-000003220C748B26.jpg

The cheap bean tin test

F00BFD41-A9FD-45F1-BBF7-BBE9BA190361-2604-00000321FC03CD82.jpg

Just need to sort the rot now as bits are falling off and the arches look like Swiss cheese

662FB28B-1462-48D0-8042-D0292A8145FC-2604-0000032205CDD4A3.jpg

Mark

Maybe we should straighten it up then :shock:

Couldn't get any etch primer or seam sealer bloody halfruads and motor work are useless
I'll have to hope it won't rain tonight and get it in a dry bay tomorrow and do it on my lunch brake :!:

Your better going to a proper paint supplier anyway, they don't call them halfrauds for nothing!

There's an auto paints in birkendread

They can still do you primer in a rattle can,

AUTOPAINT WIRRAL

UNIT 10, QUARRY BANK WORKSHOPS, QUARRY BANK STREET
CH41 2XJ BIRKENHEAD, MERSEYSIDE

Phone: + 44 (0) 151 652 2302

E-mail: Send message
http://www.classiccarpaints.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heebee_GB said:
Looking sweet Mark! 8)

Thanks Gaz I'm loving it and the tombstone seats are nice and comfy just need to get them trimmed then getting cracking on the arches etc :D

Mark6455 said:
Maybe we should straighten it up then :shock:

Couldn't get any etch primer or seam sealer bloody halfruads and motor work are useless
I'll have to hope it won't rain tonight and get it in a dry bay tomorrow and do it on my lunch brake :!:

Hey mark just put some washers between bumpers irons and chassis rail fixings , I recon 3 on each side should straighten it ;)

Chris

seam sealed and primed,stone chipped my tub's today
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

need to start on the body work now it's falling apart.
arches etc

And maybe change the shock's as the coil overs i put on are stiff as hell and doesn't help that we had to ratchet them shorter to get them in
i wonder if the spax adjustables would be better going back on?

mark

those look great man! I wish I would've done mine smaller, right now, I'm sitting on a mexi blanket on top of the tubs, and it's still to tall to be very comfortable.

Cheers Dave I just need to sort some other shocks out as the coil overs I've got on are too stiff
I've got 165/55/15 all round but will change the rears once I get my adjustable spring plates

Cheers
Mark

Latest posts