Tuning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - with stock carb and air filter?

First I would start with timing, then valve gaps and once this is setup then idle speed/mixture adjustment

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorry was a very quick post just to start some discussions really! I have a standard 1600 twin port engine an was wondering what you would all do to upgrade this lil beauty? It's totally standard with oil bath filter still aswell, points and mechanical fuel pump too.
Just generally looking at what people would do if it were there engine just for better performance and reliability :lol:

Apollo1977 said:
Sorry was a very quick post just to start some discussions really! I have a standard 1600 twin port engine an was wondering what you would all do to upgrade this lil beauty? It's totally standard with oil bath filter still aswell, points and mechanical fuel pump too.
Just generally looking at what people would do if it were there engine just for better performance and reliability :lol:

Are you looking for bolt on performance as opposed to machining etc ? That being the case, and depending on budgets etc I would be looking at twin carbs and an exhaust upgrade but it's never gonna be rapid !

I would keep it standard, make sure it is serviced regularly and tuned correctly, all cooling tin present and correct etc and get max reliability. Enjoy life in the slow lane...

If you really are wanting more power/ torque, start with a clean sheet, work out your spec and build or get one built on a new case as a complete new engine. Retain you old engine as a sweet running spare ;)

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

^what he said for most of it^. I would at least replace the points for electronic ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts