Type 2 Owners Club

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks everyone who replied posts to my original question. I've seen enough of Earlybay over the past few months to get a feel for it and yes - it is the best T2 site on the net. You've all been great. Im not going anywhere.
I was just asking about T2OC as something extra to be involved in - not instead of EB! Sorry for those who seem to be offended that I asked about it. As you have reminded me, Early Bay is a way of life, a community - more than a just club. Having said that I do fancy being a member of a 'club' too - perhaps I will look at something local rather than national.

Kev

KTetley said:
I was just asking about T2OC as something extra to be involved in - not instead of EB! Sorry for those who seem to be offended that I asked about it.

I don't think anyone is offended!! :D

Lots of guys on here belong to several clubs - I think some folks were just trying to give you their impression of that particular club (T2OC) and how it might/might not fit in with what you're looking for in a club.

I'd go local every time - much more chance of a meet or two that you can attend regularly and spend time with like-minded folks. 8)

;)

We joined T2OC when we got our bus about 6 years ago. I didn't give it a huge amount of thought, at the time I was swayed by prospective insurers all telling me that they could knock something off my premium if I was a member of an owner's club, and indeed they did but it's not a huge amount.
We've stayed members but never joined in any of the club-specific rallies or meets. I think we had discounted Vanfest camping through them.
I've got no issue with the age profile of members but I do think that the club has a surprisingly old-fashioned feel to it, given that the vw bus has become cooler than a penguin's knackers in the last 5 to 10 years. Other replies here seem to bear that out. If T2OC organised Brighton Breeze it would almost certainly be Bognor Breeze.

Hey Kev,,,, there`s quite a few clubs around here, and I`m sure one of them meets in Kendleshire once a month or so, and I`m sure there`s a few just over the bridge. I`m not in one myself, not for any reason, just hadn`t really thought about it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Doubt if they`d have me anyhoooow !! :msn4: ;) :msn4:

Im moving back to Bristol in the summer, so will probably wait until then and see whats on that side of the bridge.

Almost joined at Vanfest one year when I got my first early, but they didn't have any membership forms with payment details so walked away whilst the person that had them finished their cup of tea - intended to but somehow never walked back to their stall ... :)
Stumbled across Earlybay by accident, can't even remember how now and it is still my first port of call. My new project was born in '72, but technically because of VW running out of low lights at that exact moment in build time it is classed as a late bay ...

OK, I know it can't be included in any line ups, I know I'll get plenty of stick for driving it, but the bunch of folk on here really are the best for knowledge, helping out, selling parts at fair prices, and great company at any event or trip ... can't see me straying far :lol:

Five eggs.................................
As a club it serves a pupose but it hasn't moved on, I joined when I had my first bus, but after a couple of years a woman club steward pissed me off and I never went back, as Ang would say "a bit too pipe an slippers for us" un quote.
Yeh live an let live I say, join a local club, good one In Chippenham, check it out, for the life of me I can't remember hang on its the Wiltshire VW Club I think, god they are going to kill me for forgetting this, to put this right, they are having an avent in March at the Castle Coomb Race Circuit on the 18th I believe, christ my memory is failing, just turned 60, had a few Firsty Ferrets at the weekend, blame it on them I will!!
Allways Early, never late if you have an early, Allways late, never early if you have a late........................................................................................................................I think I will stop here, feel a head ache coming on...................... :oops: :D ;) ;) ;)

Rocket

Latest posts