Tyres hitting wheel arches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazzaworld

Reaction score
Our bus has a slightly lowered front beam ( not adjustable)and we had gas coilover shocks the ride was diabolical banging and sending the bus all over the road every time we hit a pot hole, we took the coilovers off and replaced them with standard shocks, we've just been on a camping holiday with this new set up, the ride now has improved ( we now have suspension and our fillings aren't falling out) but now if we go on a bumpy country road the front tyres are hitting the inside top of the front arches, on motorways or main roads its ok, any advice as to what we can do to cure this new problem

Tyres can ply a big part, what you rolling up front?
Pics too will help.

I ran stock tyres on a 2 inch drop and they would occasionally hit the arch.
:)

Tyres are 185x14 all round
71ffbede3c7973a2b2e5b825bb920fb4.jpg
6f8fd75def86eb5754170ada8bfb125a.jpg
1b9537869ff6bb04790f5df72992252e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you could do with some slightly lower profile tyres.

We have 185/55/14 (I think) on the front of our bus, they look much better too (we have a narrowed beam on ours though)

DeeDeeTheBay said:
here's a pic of our standard tyre compared with the newer one.....

IMG-20150808-WA0003_zpszquhfvee.jpg
That's a lot smaller which would help with our problem, what's the ride like, steering etc? and does having smaller wheels affect the speedo?

Deffinately a smaller tyre needed, look how close the tyre is to the wheel tub.

Bazzaworld said:
What size should I buy? I want to keep my wheels

I run 195 60 14 on standard rims. i run a narrowed, lowered beam too although on that size tyre with your set up you shouldn't have any clearance issues. Speedo runs arond 15mph fast but you soon get used to that and deduct accordingly :D

http://www.willtheyfit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this website helps a lot in assessing various tyre options...and gives you a speed re-calculation

Rob

Latest posts