Us to uk wiring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve74

Reaction score
I'm looking for a guide to changing the wiring over from us to uk spec. I've been to the technical sticky but the links are dead, I've also done a search but to no avail, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers
Steve

Took me ages tracing mine but I did it, just pulled a few extra wires,(as you might need extra ones later on) from front to back disconnected reverse lights, changed the wiring over and then changed the wiring of front indicators to the parking lights on main lights, pretty simple if you got the green vw service manual as it has colour wiring diagrams in it.

There is stuff on tinterweb thou

you take a wire from the hazard switch no 54 to the back for your brakes i think :? take the fuse out for the revers lights put orange bulb in the revers lights oh ask BJ1 he will tell you i cant remember :roll: :lol: or spell

rich

If you search the interest or the threads on here. You can set it up without running any new wires from the front of the van and if you buy some green bulbs and euro spec bulb holders you can retain your revers lights as revers lights.

There was an article on this in the second Keeping Your Bus Alive from Camper and Bus.

It is worth trying to get hold of a copy

http://www.busandcamper.com/67-13w-rear-light-rewire-for-euro-lights.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts