Van Covers - Keeping Your Bus Dry

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the protec like high wise.....

As well as having the pop top,I'd like to leave my roof rack on as well - do you think the protec will fit over the pop top AND roof rack ??

We have a westy and our spare tyre is on the roof and it fits just over the bumpers. On a windy day, the cover lifts over one end of the bumper but if we did not have the spare on the roof, I do not think that would happen. Not sure about the roof rack but I do know they can customise the covers for you.

Hi guys,

I followed this thread when it first came to the forum and was wondering whether people we still impressed with their Protec covers?

has anyone fitted a protec cover to a newly painted bus? my bus is coming out of the paint shop and due to be put back in the barn while i rebuild it. i'm a little concious of putting a cover onto of brand new paint, but i want to stop the dust adn dirt, and any birds flying in and crapping on it :)

NaFe

We brought one for our newly painted / renovated bus and I have to say, although they are not cheap, I really think buying the protec cover was one of the best things we brought for the van.

Well pleased with it especially being able to unzip the side and get into the side door without taking the whole cover off.

Water just settles on top of the cover and rolls off :D

Want a cover for my 72 bay which I have just picked up. Mine has a sun visor across the front. Do you think the protec will still fit?

mi2itsdl said:
Want a cover for my 72 bay which I have just picked up. Mine has a sun visor across the front. Do you think the protec will still fit?
They make to measure so the chances are they will. Give them a call, I found them really helpful.

protec cover = £379 inc vat & delivery.They say the size takes into acount the pop top, I also mentioned leaving the roof rack on & they said it wasn't a problem, they would adjust the height by 6 inches or so without charge.

there is a big difference between £202 for the Hamilton one and the protec!

Just an update on the Protec cover I have had on my van for over 4 years. I have just had to replace it after this time as it ripped in 3 places. Towards the end of its life, it become thinner and shrank a bit so was tighter to get on and off the van. I have just brought another one for £380 delivered as on the whole, I think they are good covers. It kept the van dry but allowed the air to get to the van. Having said that and based on the life of the cover, it is costing me £100 a year to keep the van dry so I guess it is quite expensive for those of us who cannot house the vans in a garage.
So would I recommend Protec, yes, they are good covers just wished they were a little cheaper. I may try a storm force next time but hopefully do not need to worry about that for another 4 years :)

Hope the above is of use to anyone considering buying a cover.

Been looking through my emails and can't find the actual cover I bought but I'm pretty sure that I've got this one: http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/camper-van-cover-vw-t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it doesn't look great in the pictures but it fits well with the rear straps adjusted, better than my previous cover-zone cover which wasn't a great fit in the first place and tore quickly. stayed perfectly dry all this winter and would definitely buy one again should the need arise.

Also had my Hamilton one 4 years or more now - still doing good! Og straps still fine, couple of seams starting to go but reparing them when needed with bit of superglue so far ;) seems to have streatched a bit over time but thats no bad thing - would deffo recomend!

For what it is worth, I bought a cover from NLA for less than £100, fits well, hasn't marked the paint, has Two side door zips plus cab doors and air vents. It has been on all winter and the only damage is where I put it back on too soon after running it and the exhaust burt it , at least I now know which end is which..... And for that price if it falls apart I will buy another !

Latest posts