van floor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, do tell..... did you just gaffer tape it down ?

Whilst I'm at it, did I read on EB that someone is selling the Ali edge by the sliding door or was it Flea-bay..

Me?

It's called Thermawrap. like I said, it's not the super, all singing all dancing stuff, but it cost about £5 a roll from homebase so I thought it would help a bit for a fairly small outlay in money and time. I gaffer taped it down apart from the bits in the rear arch/quarter section at the rear of the cargo floor because the strengthener makes it difficult to tape it down.

think it's a good cheap option, apparently it's equal to 55mm of polystyrene. People can get a bit obsessive about insulation and soundproofing I think, but I thought it would be worth doing as it only cost about £5 a roll which was enough to do the whole lot. I did the floor and insides of the side panels.

Hi - What is that insulation - is it the stuff used under laminate floor from B&Q etc. :msn4:

My vans insulated with waxoyl :mrgreen:
Inches of it before the floor went down.........everywhere in fact., no risk of condensation and water traps for me :lol:

Hi,

I used some thin foam that you use under laminate flooring, then the OG 2 part westy floor, I removed the OG lino as it was had it, and sealed the floor with pva glue to allow the adhesive to key for the cork tiles to be laid on top. I tiled the side panel where the table is, as the wood was split and de-laminating

Corked other bits, under the bed area on the wood floor, bulkhead next to the fridge unit, and the rear of the wardrobe, (the laminate was split and missing) did the back of the fridge door too. Cork is real cheap, warm and very retro. Easy to replace if damaged, can be sanded and varnish clear - or colour stained.

Didn't bother with anymore insulation under the floor, the thick wood and the cork is fine as it's warm to the feet. Anyway a Propex is fitted ;)

I used flashing all over the rear under bed section, and in every other cavity to deaden panel noise, all doors, tailgate, side door and inner long panel sections. May put some more flashing down, and then some just type underlay - or the wool matting and trim with carpet.

Alistair

Teak and Holly cabin sole is what I've got.

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

march%20(49).jpg

Latest posts