Van restored for the big day...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike F

Reaction score
... was that it was to be used for my daughter's wedding. Kerry has been into VWs since I got my 1303 13 years ago, and has been with me on the Breeze many times. When she started planning her wdding it seemed logical to use the van, but as Grazy will agree it was in danger of losing its doors to rust so good old slammedkustom took it on as a project. The work done has been detailed elsewhere, as has the amazing work of Harlequin in sorting new cushions so now it is time to show the van being used as intended... I reckon both will think it was a great idea. Thanks guys!

Pics to follow...

Jason, Ian and Zak helped me polish the van and fit the decorations...

CopyofP1120153Medium.jpg
CopyofP1120152Medium-1.jpg

Ian drove with bridesmaid Luise and Kerry in the back along withb proud Dad...

CopyofP1120157Medium.jpg
CopyofP1120167Medium.jpg

My other daughter Zoe was also a bridesmaid and seems to have avoided a photo, but her Beetle was bringing the page boy & girl driven by Jason...

CopyofP1120164Medium.jpg

We stopped to check the ribbons outside our house, then on to the Church...

CopyofP1120169Medium.jpg
CopyofP1120184Medium.jpg

After the ceremony I nipped back the quick was to catch the van going through the village...

CopyofP1120186Medium.jpg
CopyofP1120187Medium.jpg

Then on to the reception. Most people who didn't know me well thought we'd hired it...

CopyofP1120197Medium-1-1.jpg

Great result - a testament to all who worked on the van and you and bride both look radiant :oops:

Looks like the weather was top too ;)

Curses! Your Moonraker was always tattier than my Moonraker! Seriously though, that looks like a great day and you must be very proud - as father of the bride and owner of the bus. I can't wait to see the tin-top at Peppercorn.
Rick

lovely pictures and looks like you got the weather too 8)

congratulation you do look like the proud father :D

in all honesty mike id be really happy if my van turns out half as nice as yours when its done. ill probably take the chianti to the roof like yours as i love the way it looks. I'll keep the poptop so you wont have an identicle twin :lol: .

Wow im seriously impressed, thats the nicest moonraker ive ever seen, i wish mine looked that perfect!!

Mike the van looks fantastic, im so glad we went all the way with it now.
it really looks the part and ive never seen you look (A) so happy (B) so smart! :shock:

fantastic weather for the wedding, congratulations to the bride and groom, you and yours deserve all the best mike :D

now whens this ian gonna see me about a camper! :shock:
:lol:

thanks for sharing Mike. I love your bus - the colour the height,the deluxe trim! may I also say what a beautiful daughter you have.congrats to the new couple!
Kind Regards - Rob

oh yeah and the white roof against the red - yum

i cant see the pics from this pc :(

will try and remember to come back when I'm on one that doesn't have everything interesting blocked!

Hi Mike

Great to see the pictures. I didn't think you could get you bus any more shiny than it was last time I saw it...but I was wrong!!

I'm glad it all came together for the big day. I trust that you'll be wearing the the same outfit at Peppercorn!! As Doctor Who says "Bow ties are cool!".

Mike it looks amazing, and so does the wedding. Love the stance and red seatbelts, been meaning to get a set myself. Interior looks great too, the perfect package. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Latest posts