Van security???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Reaction score
My van has just had a full resto and I want to get some sort of security system fitted, can anyone recommend anywhere? or suggest what to fit?
Cheers

I can't recommend anywhere specific.

Sometimes, cheap solutions, such as removing the rotor arm / HT lead / a switch hidden under the dash for the coil are as effective as an alarm / immobilisor at preventing it being stolen.

At the end of the day, if a thief wants it it will get taken.

Have you considered a tracker system?

Feel free to pop along to the Midlands splitbus meet tomorrow (tuesday) evening if you're local :) There will be a few earlies there.

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=397813

Check out the link above fella, I've had a shufty and all it all seems pretty straight forward and is something that I'll be tackling in the very near future

Cheers

Ian

Tracker and a baseball bat work for me :D

I've got a secret switch (Shhh) that disconnects the coil. The engine still turns over, but no spark. the theory is the robber will flatten the battery and give up.
It worked on a previous car I had. All I had to replace was the smashed 1/4 window. Much easier than replacing an entire car.

I usually end up with smashed quarter lights :roll: they get in but cant start it and i NEVER keep anything expensive in there...........well except the misses :wink:

We had a terrible incident here in Ireland with a couple touring from Europe were broken into while they were sleeping in their VW camper, the couple were badly beaten and thrown from the van, and the van stolen, bloody pikeys did it :x .

i too keep the baseball bat to hand :twisted:

my 'Louisville Slugger' looks exactly like this... obviously not as big :wink:

Louisville%20Slugger%20Museum.jpg

I had one but had it taken away from me by the old bill after the need arised :wink:

may need to reconsider as the local pikies are upto no good ... :x

I also have a Louisville Slugger - and it's seen quite a lot of action too...

... on the work softball-in-the-park outings :D

Do like i've just done. Left the radio on for a week, just got into the van and HEY PRESTO it wont start! I felt a right DICK :oops:

I've had a thatcham cat 1 Alarm and immobiliser fitted. It cost me £550 in total and I had:

Remote central Locking
Alarm
Immobiliser
Electric Windows

Bargain :D

I love watching people jump when I walk up and press the button *beep beep* nobody expects it :lol:

I had it done on my driveway by a mobile alarm fitter.
He was on ebay, when I find his number I'll post it up here.

hi,i've got a steering lock that goes though the steering wheel and a battery cut off switch hidden somewhere on the vehicle

I'm thinking of getting a wheel clamp,that should put most off.Also I will incorporate an immobiliser in there somewhere,self made and fit an alarm with maybe remote locking.

Also these have been around for a while,I might get one.It's called a billy bat,it's a steering wheel lock which also is made of metal in the shape of a baseball bat.You can't get done for carrying it as it's a steering wheel lock :wink:
http://www.thehappymotorist.co.uk/singleproduct.php?bargain=245&Category_ID=2

:lol: however wouldnt of helped me last time as it was my mountain bike that was nicked :lol: miss that bat had it for years :(

Right, I found the details of the guy that did the security in my van.

Company is called Safe'n'Sound
Tel : 07985144166
Ask for Baz.

Latest posts