Vango airbeam awning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
Anybody got one of these or used one? Thinking if buying one for next season but was after a bit of feedback first, they seem brilliant but I'd like to hear that from someone who's actually experienced one.

And any recommendations as to which one is best?

I have been thinking about getting one as well, got a couple of good comments in this thread: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=61323&hilit=awning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi!,

I have one too, and Rich, (Robins on here) has one also.

Easy to put up was my main buying point, when you have a 4 and 2yr old to keep entertained, you can't afford to take too long faffing with poles, asking the other half to help, when she is looking after the little 'uns.

Now i know you can put a awning up on your own, but much quicker with 2 people, the Vango Kela is simple, comes with a great air pump, which i also use on the double air bed sofa we use inside, and for the paddle pool at home, doesn't take long, and seems very stable in wind, and will not suffer from damaged poles in high winds like normal awnings.

The airbags as thick plastic, and are replaceable if damaged. You can use a normal puncture repair kit, and a spare patch comes with it i believe. It's lighter too, as no metal poles.

Cheers,

Alistair

I don't have one but my mate does which he uses with his splitty. Looks good although on it's third outing one of the inflatable poles exploded and wassn't repairable. Fortunately it was the one nearest the bus so he still used it over the weekend and the makes issued a replaceable inner tube no quibbles when he returned home.

Be good to know if you could buy spares beyond the warranty period though ?

Bobster said:
I don't have one but my mate does which he uses with his splitty. Looks good although on it's third outing one of the inflatable poles exploded and wassn't repairable. Fortunately it was the one nearest the bus so he still used it over the weekend and the makes issued a replaceable inner tube no quibbles when he returned home.

Be good to know if you could buy spares beyond the warranty period though ?

The guy I spoke to in camping international on Saturday said the parts are available separately.

Love our airbeam awning Quick to both put up and pack away fits nice to the bus with the pole and clamp system Would recommend one

I don't have the awning but I do have an exodus600 tango air beam tent.

I had a kyham xxl awning before which took an age to put up on my own and I wanted something quick and simple.

Decided to not get an awning as there are a lot more tent options.

They are brilliant, I can put the tent up in under 10 minutes. I ditch the bulky pump that came with it and bought a decent electric pump (I bought one designed for a rib that you can set the pressure limit to the required 7psi)

You can get replacement beams from Vango and they also offer a repair service at certain out lets.

Definitely well worth the investment.

I have the smaller one I'm thinking about selling it to get the larger one if your interested

I've got stock height bus and I've got the standard height awning.
3eb82a6e5b7ea96cac9de875df9cea18.jpg

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com

Used my airbeam awning for the first time this weekend, gotta say I was massively impressed, really easy to put up on your own and pack away on your own, had some strange winds Sunday night and it barely moved!! Can't recommend enough!

Latest posts