Vango Sapera Awning (pics added)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valbarley

Reaction score
Hi I've just ordered and had one of these delivered

Just wondered if anyone else is using one and how they are getting on with it?

Also is the pole in the gutter channel the only way of attaching to the van?

Dont really fancy throwing the straps over the roof either, as she is a high top and not sure it could do any damage in crap weather conditions i.e. windy

If it has a semi hard white plastic tube running through where the pole goes through the seam then you could use figure of eight rods which are much kinder to your gutter as they are made of plastic. You usually need 3 lengths & they are a few pennies each. I believe you can get them from JK, I got mine from a local camping shop. :p
Hope this helps??

did a search and looked at a few of the comments about the figure of 8's

a lot said they leak more and also lift out of the gutter easily if the awning isnt that taut?

Some pics of my first trip in the sapera!!

love the inflatable poles, a doddle to pitch!

vango_sapera41_zps68ed17b0.jpg

vango_sapera42_zps266b0b0b.jpg

vango_sapera31_zps9607a4a9.jpg

vango_sapera45_zps72f0122b.jpg

vango_sapera7_zps526f67e5.jpg

vango_sapera21_zps8c550b86.jpg

aogrady said:
Hi,

Wow, that's neat, never heard of inflatable awnings :?: :msn4: Looks great, just what i need - pricy though!

Alistair

yeah not cheap, but figured the van was pricey enuf, so it just finishes it all off!

Did have a small canvas awning but didnt work for me (double pegged mud flaps etc) - i like the space and easy pitching of the vango one

The other thing i didnt like with the small awning was the only door was opposite to the van, whereas the vango has the side doors. just saved walking around all the time

Thanks a bunch.

Now I've had to buy one.

(Bloody great it is too).

How long does it take to deflate to take it down?

Liking the look of it and the ease of putting it up too - and more room than the oz tent I'd been looking at ... hmmm, now I'm torn!

blogdroed said:
How long does it take to deflate to take it down?

Liking the look of it and the ease of putting it up too - and more room than the oz tent I'd been looking at ... hmmm, now I'm torn!

deflating is instant - it has a larger valve you unscrew, then it just blasts the air out in seconds

P1020031_zps40075de5.jpg

Latest posts