Viva Skeg Vegas 2010

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaSkegVegas

Reaction score
Poster1.jpg

Back by popular demand. This year 5th June

Held at Xsite skate park and also to help raise money for the park

Xsite skatepark is a local charity (Reg charity number 1108889) this year the entry fee will be £4 payable on the gate, £6 for limited non VW parking this will ensure us to keep our dream alive both Xsite skatepark and VivaSkegVegas for 2011 thank you for your support

After the amount of people saying we should have camping we are in the process of getting a Friday night camp site with fully licensed bar, nice warm indoor toilets, music (and possibly a DJ you will all know TBC) and plenty more, keep your eyes and ears open for more details very soon.

Also we have an all new separate family camping venue with all the mod cons electric hook ups etc.

Full details and ticket info will follow very soon

The venue:

Xsite skate park, North parade, Skegenss, Lincolnshire, PE25 1BA

Xsite skatepark is a multimillion skate park, which myself and friends from an early age were into VW's & Skatebording and as we have progressed we all are still into them and fortunately through our skateboarding days a few of us founded the organisation that got the skate park to where it is now, so we think its only fair to offer a new kind of date to the vw calendar for this year and hopefully many to come....

show and shine

Your opportunity to win some of the best one off Trophies out there

This will be open to both classes, air and water cooled, with trophies for best of aircooled, and for best of watercooled, Best of Show, Best club display, visitors choice and more So get polishing! Yet again special one off trophies made and donated by T2D T3D, Bobby Wilcox of Milk&Two, Road House Retro and many more to be announced

Trade Stalls

As last year we will have a larger selection of trade stalls we already have the regulars signed up with some newcomers for 2010 (PM me for pitch reservation)

Raffle

various prizes will post a comprehensive list as it grows

skatepark

Every one attending the show will be allowed a discounted entry to the skatepark and discount hire charges on equipment hire might be available, or bring your own!! to avoid disapointment There will be Pro skate demos throughout the day by Vans UK skate team.
Plus beach displays

autojumble area

there will be a set area for auto jumbel the pitch will be FREE PM me for reservation, so if youve got any bits you wanna swap/sell, bring em along who knows you might make a few quid!!

parking

There will be a set area for the show and shine. Plus a regular car park, which will have a very limited Non VW parking area at £6. Any body wishing to have a club stand PM and we will reserve a space for you and your set number of cars again we have the whole carpark !!!!

safety

Safety is prime concern at this show to make sure everyone is safe and no people are taking advantage of open spaces etc... those deemed to be causing problems will be asked to leave via security staff, any more problems and the police will be involved (station across the road), safety in the skate park is also a concern, any one wishing to use the the park will be asked to sign a disclaimer form before using any skate park equipment.

http://www.xsiteskatepark.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its you the Vee Dubbers out there that make these shows/meets what they are so show some support and give it a go!!
TO EVERY ONE WHO ATTENDED LAST YEAR AND PREVIOUS YEARS A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! xxx

hope to see you in June Viva Skeg Vegas Crew

any sponsers are welcome, or people wishing to donate prizes for raffle etc..

cunning plan said:
Have you got any pictures from previous years? :shadey:

Hi mate yeah there are some pics from all three previous years here:http://vivaskegvegas.blogspot.com/
we also have a facebook and there are quite a few photos from last year on Beakers and T2D's Blogs

We also had a three page spread in Volks World camper and bus Sept 09 pages 62>64.

Cheers Toby

VivaSkegVegas said:
cunning plan said:

Hi mate yeah there are some pics from all three previous years here:http://vivaskegvegas.blogspot.com/
we also have a facebook and there are quite a few photos from last year on Beakers and T2D's Blogs

We also had a three page spread in Volks World camper and bus Sept 09 pages 62>64.

Cheers Toby

Cheers Toby, I might just head up to this, especially if the weather is good for a day out.. Good ol' Skeggy.. :lol:

cunning plan said:
VivaSkegVegas said:
cunning plan said:

Cheers Toby

Cheers Toby, I might just head up to this, especially if the weather is good for a day out.. Good ol' Skeggy.. :lol:
Cool the more the merrier mate

ProfessorWheeto said:
Looking forward to this one, done the last two and it does seems to be getting more popular and improving. :)

Thanks mate, it means allot to me, I try to put my heart and soul into it, and I always get nervous as hell a couple weeks before, like will people come and stuff. Got a few new things going on for 2010 too :D

May try and make this as I'm originally from Lincolnshire and spent many a happy time at Skeggy in my youth (bloody long time ago now), Mum still lives in Grimsby.

THIS INFORMATION IS FOR CAMPING.

SHOW TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE GATE AS USUAL

Right we have the camping details so here goes.

The general camping will be at the Welcome Inn Burgh Road Skegness, Numbers are limited due to venue size, but as the general opinion last year was that we needed camping, we thought we would try it out this year and give you guys what you asked for.
Tickets will be available in advance only on a first come first served basis, and when there gone there gone, Tickets will be £8.00 per person, the ticket will not only get you Friday night camping and entertainment but also will get you in to the show on the Saturday!
If you don't have a ticket when you turn up to camp security won't let you in Simples!

The owners of the pub have requested that no open fires or Barbeques to be used, food and show specials will be served as usual.
Also the pub is in a residential area, this means there will be NO independent sound systems allowed! I can’t stress enough that if these rules are breached it will have an immediate effect on the show, any breach of this and you will be removed from the site. Despite the organizers taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. Please comply with all instructions of marshals and notices and remain in permitted areas only. They are concerned with your safety
5 MPH SPEED LIMIT EVERYWHERE ON SITE! Please watch your speed when driving on-site. There are many people walking around especially young children. Please dispose of your litter in the bins throughout the site..

Please observe the above rules to ensure that your evening and that of all our visitors is a safe and enjoyable one.

Gates will close at 9:30 Prompt! Entertainment will be extended to 12:00 as it will be in the pub. Drugs and antisocial behavior will NOT be accepted.

PAYMENT ACCEPTED VIA PAYPAL, CHEQUE or POSTAL ORDERS.

Paypal to: tobythinktankgraphics AT googlemail.com
or phone 07879881092 for other payment methods.

Tickets will be on sale until Thursday 20th May or until we run out.

Also Our good friends at Skegness Water Leisure park have kindly offered their Leisure park for the
Family camping ONLY venue.

The camp site is located just 3 miles away from the show so perfect for a nice morning cruise, with excellent on site
facilites. Why not bring your fishing rod or wet suit as the park plays host to a fishing pit and a cable ski lake
for that wakeboarder or water skier.
Sounds good eh?

Well they have also given us a promotion running from June 4th to 8th for campers or tents at £16.00 per night,
based on a family of 4 people and 1 vehicle.
The best bit is you book two nights and get the third night FREE, so why not make a weekend of it?'

If you are interested all you have to do is either call the Skegness Water Leisure Park on 01754 899400
or log on to http://www.skegnesswaterleisurepark.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and quote Reference code SV2010

Slammed said:
I'll be there Toby, hoping to drag a few Norfolk people along. 8)
Schweet, you of to VolksWorld? Ill be there all weekend come see me I got Air fresheners and Stickers! I'll bee on Tims stall most of the weekend

VivaSkegVegas said:
Slammed said:
Schweet, you of to VolksWorld? Ill be there all weekend come see me I got Air fresheners and Stickers! I'll bee on Tims stall most of the weekend

Yep, will come say hello, won't be in the bus though! :D

VivaSkegVegas said:
Jason said:
Slammed said:

I'll be there again Ollie, last year's was an excellent day.

Cool, thanks for the kind words man

And my skate mad lads have made me drive them up to the skate park twice since...

s
s

One of the best of last year's shows.

Latest posts