VOD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20815

Reaction score
After 5 years of owning a T25 I have finally found the right Early Bay for me.

On first inspection I thought she was perfect and being a Cal import thought she was a solid base to build on but soon found a list of problems to spend my money on.

This is the start of my Early Bay restoration story.

Welcome.
They always have a long list of things to do to em :mrgreen: .
Nature of the beast.

Rich

JcPrints said:
martin.sim said:
:)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

I'm wondering why I didn't get one earlier myself.
It's a huge regret of mine, all those years of missed fun (and no money lol)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

mike202 said:
looks like a nice solid van, any more pics :mrgreen:

Thousands! Don't worry there are loads to come. I'm planning on doing before and after pictures but at the moment only have the befores!

Very nice. Wish I was a VOD. Mines OCK, so you can imagine what fun my work mates have adding letters to it.... Cocks! :lol:

Hi All,

Can I just say thank you for all the warm welcomes. I have been a member of other forums and I have never really felt welcome from the start.

I found my Early Bay (or at least a friend did) on this very forum and went down to Surrey on the train to have a look. Although, I only got a one way ticket on the train so there was only really going to be one outcome.

I drove her 200 miles home with a permanent grin on my face. Stopped off at a services, found a safe place to leave her and took this pic:-

All that was left to do was to break the news to my T25:-

Noticed that my floor was a little uneven and spongy and the cab had a constant musty smell.

Still I didn't expect to find this:-

The wood under the vinyl floor and buddy seat was soaking wet and decayed into mush and the buddy seat was caked in mould. I set to work stripping and cleaning and luckily found a really solid floor (thank god).

Time for a little red oxide and we're ready for some new timber on the floor and sides:-

Maybe a tad over the top as the back of the cab seats are not seen but think you'll agree that these:-

look better like this (I love T-Cut):-

After a couple hours of sanding on the buddy seat and it's all ready to put back together (and yes that is all that remained of the whole floor in the back ground):-

Hopefully you agree all those hours of hard work have been worth it and the smell is gone:-

Time to turn my attention to the sagging, broken roof lining.

It was there when I bought the van and I keep it garaged so have no idea mate. The wood was that rotten it must have been there some time. I'm wondering if the rotting wood acted as some kind of barrier. Either way I'm much happier now :)

Looking good mate and very clean!
Noticed you out beavering away the other day ;)

Latest posts