Volksfest Wales 19-21 August 2011

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Reaction score
Just curious who is going and if there are enough of us to warrant a request for an EB camping area (assuming someone else hasn't already done this (?))

thinking about it ,last 2 times i went it p**ed down with loverly welsh sunshine so might be forcast dependant and if some mates are going.worth going for the porthcal crawl (cruise)on its own 8)

Dub_Dreams said:
Just curious who is going and if there are enough of us to warrant a request for an EB camping area (assuming someone else hasn't already done this (?))

Probably just going for the Saturday, never done the cruise before, where in Crumlin are you? I work in Oakdale.

cruise is good ,they stop traffic and wave you through junctions 8) then theres a car park just for the cruise to park in over the road from the beach,fish and chips on the sand (or sat in the bus in the poring rain like last time :roll: )might not be going now if win consevetory on ebay as it has to be collected by 22nd :(

We'll be going, forecast is pretty good so far, at least for Friday anyway. Cant be as bad as last year can it?

Nice to see a couple of locals, Im in Blackwood probably seen you both around and given the VW wave without realising

gibzy76 said:
We'll be going, forecast is pretty good so far, at least for Friday anyway. Cant be as bad as last year can it?

Nice to see a couple of locals, Im in Blackwood probably seen you both around and given the VW wave without realising

You never know! mines a faded red crossover dormobile lowered & narrowed on Porsche cookie cutters, daily driver this week so wave away if you see me!!

Loxy said:
gibzy76 said:

You never know! mines a faded red crossover dormobile lowered & narrowed on Porsche cookie cutters, daily driver this week so wave away if you see me!!

Will do, mines a purple/blue 1970 Dormy running on Radars.

were going , beige 68 devon ,going friday morning and staying down that area for the week
Not been to this show before
hope its a good one :D

defo cant make it now,shower blown up so thats me fuel money gone,fitting it now,well i was till i needed a spanner :msn4: off down the lock up.

Loxy said:
Dub_Dreams said:

Probably just going for the Saturday, never done the cruise before, where in Crumlin are you? I work in Oakdale.

Top of Kendon Hill by the traffic lights fella..

I'm going to the cruise and then on to the show... just a day trip for us this time...

Hmmmn... just got back from a short visit to Volksfest Wales.... What can I say that is at all constructive?

The Porthcawl Crawl was good..... when you lost sight of the hundreds of T4's and T5's that were there.. no kidding, they outnumbered air-cooled by about 4-1...

I'm not 'against' water pumpers, on the contrary I like to see a well sorted van, but is this really the way the 'scene' is going, it almost felt like we were being pushed to one side....

And as for the rest of the vehicles.... if I see another lowered chavved up Polo or a plain old mk3 golf :x :x :x :x

On the flip-side, I did meet some nice people who live locally to me, so not all bad!!!!!!!! :D

Have been to this quite a few times in the past 5 or so years and really enjoyed it, though it does seem blighted with wet weather.

Anybody else been today with any good feedback, before I knock it on the head (was planning a family outing there for tomorrow but don't really fancy it if theres hardly any aircooled (not anti H20, just mainly an aircooled enthusiast!)

Good turnout this year prob down to the good weather. Very big cruise about 300 VW. Great sunshine today and my mates splitty konked out at the main entrance which made me laugh, thanks to the guys who pushed it into the show and shine area.

Latest posts