Volksworld Show 2024

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boycie1009

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
devon sunlander
is there any club discount for sandown show march 2024

Just to clarify. Volksworld contacted me to ask if we wanted a spot but I have declined this year as the turnout the past few years has been depleted to the point that getting five vans each day has been not possible. Knowing that a few regulars wouldn't be able to make this year, and unsure myself, I took the decision to have a year off the display.
We will see how the show goes this year and then hopefully return in '25, if enough folk are up for it.

(I see the VWT Transporter Festival has been cancelled, and the tickets transferred to the Volksworld Show now.)

Just to clarify. Volksworld contacted me to ask if we wanted a spot but I have declined this year as the turnout the past few years has been depleted to the point that getting five vans each day has been not possible. Knowing that a few regulars wouldn't be able to make this year, and unsure myself, I took the decision to have a year off the display.
We will see how the show goes this year and then hopefully return in '25, if enough folk are up for it.

(I see the VWT Transporter Festival has been cancelled, and the tickets transferred to the Volksworld Show now.)
Shame, but makes sense. My bus still isn't usable and I was really hoping to get have it at the show for.2024. Roll.on 2025!!

The last 2 shows just felt a little flat in my opinion, I usually take the kids along and its an enjoyable day out for them, but compared to pre-covid shows I'm just not feeling the same buzz and excitement despite what is being shouted across the PA...

The last 2 shows just felt a little flat in my opinion, I usually take the kids along and its an enjoyable day out for them, but compared to pre-covid shows I'm just not feeling the same buzz and excitement despite what is being shouted across the PA...
Yeah, the whole scene has changed massively over that past few years, which is natural (and worthy of its own thread I guess) and is reflected in those attending.
In general 'normal' people are just not buying aircooled VW's anymore to have some fun in so the crowds become more niche/enthusiast. Add on the rising prices of absolutely everything and its a imperfect storm.
All that said, if you want to see the best VW's around at that moment, you really cant beat it.

Also, this year's show is tagged a 'plus' as they are partnering with Classic Porsche and on the Sunday they have 'retro' water cooled VW's. Not sure what years retro covers.

If they continue this each year, it could be the end of volksworld as we knew it :(

Also, this year's show is tagged a 'plus' as they are partnering with Classic Porsche and on the Sunday they have 'retro' water cooled VW's. Not sure what years retro covers.

If they continue this each year, it could be the end of volksworld as we knew it :(
Yes, and the transfer of the VWT tickets to Volksworld show also suggest an increased newer transporter attendance.
Fair to say that if there’s not enough aircooled these days to fill it and pay its way then it has to diversify.
I’ve stopped going to various events due to the focus on modern vans , but it is what it is.

Also, for those that are going, i've been told that the m25/A3 junction will be closed 16th and 17th. Traffic maybe rather busy

For those taking a modern daily instead of an old aircooled it’s also worth checking for ULEZ charging.

I went on Sunday with my son.
Thinking the fact it was with classic Porsche would make it the best show ever. As both are my kind of thing.

It felt like half the show of previous years.
Half the cars and half the stalls.

It took us 2.5hours to drive there and back avoiding the M25. And spent less time actually looking round. And paid £10 for cheesey chips!!!!

Bit of a shame really, other than had a great time with my boy!

Also went yesterday, Sunday, and agree with Ben’s succinct summary, and apart from the split screen display outside there were very few buses, mostly beetles and (downstairs) Porsches

My mate got some window winders from C&C, I wanted some new mirrors, they said top quality ones coming in a couple of months, presumably in their German range

I liked the cars ₳ lot. Seemed empty but that's more my thing. The standard of the top cars was amazing. I'm so glad Razor Edge T3's are getting their time in the sun as these have always been my favourite VW (and the Fridolin).

I liked the cars ₳ lot. Seemed empty but that's more my thing. The standard of the top cars was amazing. I'm so glad Razor Edge T3's are getting their time in the sun as these have always been my favourite VW (and the Fridolin).
some of the paintwork was incredible - especially liked the roof on the turn table!IMG_9811.JPG

Razoredges are amazing period. Drive like ₳ T3 and look so clean and odd at the same time. Also, massive boot space front and rear.

I miss my old fastback 🥲

Yeah, I’ve had a Ghia and a couple of Type 3’s and I would love a Razor. A guy who used to be on here selling one right now but they are another car that has gone up in value significantly.
Those two show cars look amazing.

Latest posts