Volksworld - So what did we all buy?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigrich said:
i got myself some new wheels (£250 prize money thanks volksworld) new cab carpet for free (thanks newton commercial) and loads of bits and bobs

Good haul there rich, didnt get an r32 thank god....
:lol: :lol:

slammedresto said:
bigrich said:
i got myself some new wheels (£250 prize money thanks volksworld) new cab carpet for free (thanks newton commercial) and loads of bits and bobs

Good haul there rich, didnt get an r32 thank god....
:lol: :lol:

i did sell the van but after watching zoe cry her heart out ive now desided to keep her and have a little play around with the front beam :D
it was nice to see you and your family

Got a engine lid lock (finally!) and that was it! I was well behaved and didn't then blow the rest of my cash on stuff I didn't really need. :D

Then buggered it up the next day at tamworth and bought some snowboard boots. :lol:

bigrich said:

i was walking past and heard you scream when you name was shouted out :lol: ..... or might have been a female friend :?

dubscum said:
bigrich said:

i was walking past and heard you scream when you name was shouted out :lol: ..... or might have been a female friend :?

it was zoe that won it and she has never liked those gasburners so she went stright to midland wheels :D :D :D so i dont mind having two sets of rims

I got a chrome front badge from KK, which was the heaviest one i could find with the best finish! i got a scat shifter from SSP, some jail bars from Alan Schofield, these are really good quality. And i got a free hoodie when i re subcribed to bus and camper magazine.

got good deals i think, and no postage!!

I bought a bit of a random item, but it was a tourist map of Seattle dated 1968 ... it seemed too much of a 'fate' find not to buy it* and put it away with all the other bus related literature I have in a cupboard :lol:

*My van was delivered to Seattle in 1968

I got a new spare 5 x 205 stock rim, as I realised the spare I have with a standard baloon tyre would no longer turn on the front of my van. Its nice now to know Ill be kipping next to a perfectly clean tyre and rim!

Found a couple of NOS wiper blades still in their plastic wrapping so they now match the silver colored arms instead of being black. Everyone tells me they are rubbish at clearing the screen but I've just applied some new 'nano' technology screen clear from GTechniq and first impressions are very very good - much better than Rainx and should last a lot longer so vision in the rain should be much better.

Ordered a securon seatbelt piece from JK on Saturday and it arrived yesterday so great service from them

Oh and some of the Morris Oil Golden Stuff from the engine shop stand which at £10 for 5 litres I thought was one of the steals of the day

But my best acquisition was a piece of ply on loan from panalvan to use as a template for the missing bit of birch by the spice rack - many thanks Chris, just ordered some ply to fill that gap

After wanting one for about 4 years i finally bought a SCAT shifter from Stateside tuning. Fitted but need to trim my floor mat so that can go back down.

Also got a really 80's style radio cassette for the bug for £5.

i bought this
IMG_0126.jpg

and a stock exhaust,some air pipe and a chrome filter,oh and a rear light lens.

got a full rubber kit from status£585 :shock: , 1971 gb badge £8 , white wall flaps £25 , og ali sliding window £40 , front badge £25 , and a rock and roll bed from rusty lee £150 , sorry for making you wait about rusty ! :msn4:

best get some overtime in to pay for it now !!!!
oh and a smelly ball for the little one ! :p

Latest posts