VW cab door rear drop glass channel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveC

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve recently bought a 1971 bus that was not a lot more than a rolling shell, so I am slowly going though purchasing new parts and fitting to get her back on the road..

I have started putting in the window mechanisms etc this evening and had a question around the rear glass drop channel..

The channel connects at the top with a spring clip, and according to a google search it connects with a bolt at the bottom...

Take a look at the following pic (not from my bus)

I don’t have the bracket on either of my doors so don’t have anything to connect the bottom bold hole of the glass Chanel to...

Is there a part I’m missing from both of my doors? Or will I need to fabricate something...

Thanks all

Dave

Dave, I’m not sure if that picture isn’t from a later bay door. I’m down the garage in a couple of hours and I’ll have a look in my door. Mines a nineteen seventy, but as with most busses, these aren’t the original doors but they’re supposed to be off of a nineteen seventy U.S. bus brought over with lots of others stacked inside someone’s project van. Yours is a seventy one so it might be a one year only thing as they do so very very often.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,summers here,, yaaay :mrgreen:

Latest posts