• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW Camper 1972 Tax Exempt Early Bay with MOT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikedude

Reaction score
Hi, I am reluctantly selling my 72 crossover tin top Betsy. She is tax exempt and has an MOT until August 18th 2010 (No advisory issues in last MOT). She has been fully HPI and has had an Agreed Valuation taken out on her through HIC insurance. She is fully running and ready to go.
This is a very solid bus in very reasonable condition for her age. The bodywork is nice, there are a few areas of rust that will need looking at on the passenger door, rear hatch, some cracked filler on the rear driver’s panel, and the bottom corner of the rear passenger side. I have included pictures of these areas; let me know if you want any more. There are some chips and scratches here and there as you would expect to find on a van of this age.
My camper is by no means a show model, but it is in good usable condition, with work needed in places, and I’ve shown the worst parts in the photos.
The interior is in a clean and tidy condition, with a three quarter rock and roll bed and a fully carpeted day unit (not original). I will leave the portable stove and basket in with the sale and will also include a cover from Just Kampers (£100). The front seats are original and are in nice condition. All the panels have been covered in fabric (this was like this when I got it) to match the rock and roll bed.
The engine is a 1600 and is a very good starter and runner. The main crankshaft seal has just started leaking. I have had this checked by a mechanic and it is quite a straight forward job to do, and will cost £100, but does not affect the running of the engine in anyway (but will need doing).
Summary Points:
• Fully running and ready to go
• Gutters are solid with no rot and only some surface rust in places
• The interior is nice and tidy with a three quarter Rock and Roll bed
• Bodywork is overall good, but there are few areas need attention but solid
• Chassis is good and solid, been coated and sealed.
• The engine is good, even with the small oil leak.
• The bumpers are in good condition and there is a tow bar fitted
• It is TAX exempt and has been fully HPI checked.
• The steering wheel is good with the centre cap in, and the indicator stem works great.
I've been as honest as I can and I think I've put everything on here but I'm sure there are things that I haven't thought of so any questions please feel free to ask. More pictures can be sent by email.

This is a great van especially if you’re looking for a VW to take to the summer shows; this is ready to go with an MOT and TAX.

Please Note:
I am happy for an Inspection to be carried out.

Asking price £4200

SDC10852.jpg

SDC10853.jpg

SDC10854.jpg

SDC10855.jpg

SDC10856.jpg

SDC10857.jpg

SDC10858.jpg

SDC10859.jpg

SDC10860.jpg

SDC10861.jpg

SDC10862.jpg