VW mechanic up North

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucks

Reaction score
Hello all,

got a few things (mainly engine) I'd like looking at... and wondering if you guys know of any good classic VW mechanics up in Scotland or north England?

Cheers,

Charlie

A LeeC said?

I love when people from Liverpool etc say they are in the North :D

Anything below north Yorkshire is the deep south :D to us

Hah,

I know what you mean, I find it funny when southerners call Manchester "the North".... what is Newcastle then :?

Anyway, I'm further up between Dundee and Aberdeen on the East Coast of Scotland.

Cheers

Webbaldo said:
A LeeC said?

I love when people from Liverpool etc say they are in the North :D

Anything below north Yorkshire is the deep south :D to us

Have to apologise but my geography of Scotland is naff but what about Donald Harvey ? Google dth vw, think he's more central Scotland though.

Alistair Leith Motors in Dundee (think they are still going) Ally was trained on Beetles & Campers; I&G Motors in Carnoustie are also good with classics
Depends what you are needing done - there is a VW club in Aberdeenshire & a few of us dotted around Tayside that may be able to help out or teach if you are able to turn a spanner :)

Not sure if he's on EarlyBay, but Paul Weeding on the late bay forum does a lot with engines, he's somewhere South of Edinburgh, Berwick perhaps?

I've never used him myself mind you.

That great guys,
really appreciate that - some good ones to chase.

Cheers,

Charlie

My truck is booked into Paul Weeding's this month!
He is in Heddon on the wall just outside Newcastle, not quite Hexham .

Latest posts