Wanna lose my reverse lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking off my reverse lights & welding up the holes.

Anyone got any thoughts on this before I do it?

What is a good pair of lamps worth now?

I was going to run the all red rear lenses & put orange bulbs in the reverse lights as indicators, but I have trimmed a pair of cheapo rear lenses to use the original wide chrome trim, god only knows why they are not the same sizeas the red ones!

03012007070.jpg

Interesting reading. My rear light rims are the genuine swf ones, I just trimmed the red/amber lens to fit.

I think I will go ahead & weld up the reverse lights as they look a bit odd.

I actually like reverse lights (factory ones) look - as fitted to most US buses.

But then again... I'm a bit weird :)

Ive seen good Hella units at about £12 each upwards.

I reckon all red SWF's with indicators in the reverses are unbeatable. :)

If you don't mind a bit of rice burner on your bus (shudder) the early Honda Civics had a similar light fitted to the rear of them. Maybe you could get hold of a pair of them if you are looking for a replacement.
I have always thought the U.S. rear was very stylish, but I am a sucker for lights. I have thought about fitting a pair of U.S. ones to my bus but have never been game enough to cut the holes.

Well, I am not quite at the point of no return, but very nearly...

DSCN1481.jpg

I have kept the template to make cutting a new hole easier. They would probably look better under the rear lights. I think once they are gone, then thats it.

I have welded up the hole for the 110v hook up & the side reflectors. I am just going round knocking a few dents out, when I get cracking I will post a picture thread in the gallery...

Dude, don't do it, they are an awesome bit of kit. An early bay with no reversing lights may as well be a splitty. If you are gonna run all reds then use 'em as indicators at least.

Seriously don't do it.:D

Get rid of them indicators dude! keep everyone inb the carpark guessing as to what you are doing :lol: :lol:

I love getting flashed when they think that my van is just rolling back :lol: :lol:

I have plain red lenses with chrome surround, but also have red & amber replacements, without chrome surround for MOT day ! ( its only tax exempt, not MOT exempt ) :wink:

I haven't done any filler work on the van at all yet, I am getting it as straight as I can before I start.

Yey! they are gone. Now doesn`t that look better :D

A good choice Sir, less is always more 8)

I welded up that silly badge too. It either gets pinched by some twat as they scratch the van, or it shreads the sponge as you wash it!

Useless!

A good choice chap, van is looking quality :D

Just need to get rid of that grill next! (Oooooooooo contraversial!) Only kidding fella looks ace now :D

Latest posts