• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - 68 bay sunvisors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
As per the title, obviously would love to get hold of some original sun visors in good condition, but even if somebody had a pair (with fixings) that were completely hanging then I may be able to do something with them.

If you find some dude/or if anybody who has them reads this, I only need a good cardboard template of one.

:wink:

Snakey said:
If you find some dude/or if anybody who has them reads this, I only need a good cardboard template of one.

:wink:

Likewise really, if anyone has them and would be good enough to make a template and take some pics that would be a great.

Would still like to get hold of some originals if I can though.......

Happily make you a template Snakey if I do find some.

Just had a pair sent over fron the states, so now I have four, mmmmmmmmm, what to do, sell them to cover the cost,

You can view if you like as you are only in Bath, I'm in Trowbridge.

Call 01225-767856

Ron

Hi Ron,

Ooooh! Yes I would like to take a look, I'm actually in Bradford on Avon so no problem to nip over to Trowbridge one evening.

I'll give you a call....

I have a spare pair. Ill get them photo'd.

68visors.jpg

Thanks for the pic Clem.

Are the clips at the loose end the same plastic clips that were fitted to later bays or were these different as well?

giraffeinbath said:
Thanks for the pic Clem.

Are the clips at the loose end the same plastic clips that were fitted to later bays or were these different as well?

The same. I had to change one of mine and just bought a random one.

Either that or I was very lucky!

Are these the same as a 1970?

I have 2 but the plastics bits that fasten on the van that they clip in and out of are missing. (not shown in Clems photo). Does any one have any of these are they different on an early bay

Also the plastic pins you can see in clems photo. One of those is broken and therefore a metal bit showing underneath. Can these be swopped as described in this thread with a later plastic pin cover. How do you do it ?

Cheers
Mick

Clem said:

Kerb Side Autos said:
Are these the same as a 1970?

I think 68 were specific, as were 69, then they stayed the same from 70 onwards, so three types.

thanks clem is that the same all the way upto the last 1979 bays etc or the smae only for 70 to 72 early bays.

cheers
Mick

Kerb Side Autos said:
thanks clem is that the same all the way upto the last 1979 bays etc or the smae only for 70 to 72 early bays.

cheers
Mick

70-79, as far as I know :)

Latest posts