• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted - cargo floor cut

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey is that the LB Diddyman ?? I`ve got just a few little bits left as it`s been hacked to pieces but you may get enough from what`s left of my donor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Where are you ?? anywhere near Bristol ?? If you are, then come and have a look . If it`s any good you can have some, but you`ll have to cut it out yourself as I`m working away on and off for a while. Can supply electric though :mrgreen: Let me know if you`re coming, give me a bell Sunday morning ..07723 069 937 and talk me through the piece you need.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Thanks for getting back to me guys :)

Yes I am Diddymen from the LB :) ......where have all my posts gone from over here?

Im based near Portsmouth, your all a little too far away from me for just popping over :( - would you be able to post (obviously I'll cover the costs)

I was after 2 bits to hedge my bets really, the size I was after...

DSC08297-3.jpg

here is how it looked before which I was really pleased with

DSC08296-1.jpg

Untill some one pointed out it was in the wrong place for and early sender :( so I had to chop a bit more out

DSC08300.jpg

....feel free to take the piss :lol:

So I wanted to start again from scratch.

I'd be interested in both bits ozziedog & gvee :D

Is 30cm x 20cm the size of the before hole or after? Basically; what size cut are you after?
I also assume you just want the "top skin" so to speak? My body cut currently has the strengtheners, foam and a slice of the sound-deadening plate (the bit with all the circular holes that rivets to the inside of the engine bay) too. Obviously if you don't want these I will cut them off to save on postage costs.

Cheers,
George

Hi George,

yes, I dont need the strengtheners etc, just the 'skin'

2 bits 20 x 30cm (in the orentation shown in the pic) are the size of the cut I need (before trimming to size) just to make sure I've got some thing big enough.

One bit will be to make a 'landing' piece (the blue bit in the first pic) that the 'lid' will sit on - I'm going to chop off the original 'landing' bit and remake it. The second bit will be for a new 'lid' to sit on top of the 'landing' piece.

hope that made sense as Im not always good at describing things! :oops:

thanks

Dale

thanks mate,

I could get away with bits a little smaller as long as I can get the cuts to match the ridges if that makes sense, I need to make the cuts for the landing bits along the upper parts of the ridges for.

Heres the exact sizes I made originally that I'm going to re make to

DSC08297-1.jpg

so for the 'landing' panel I need a bit slightly bigger say, 25cm wide (across the ridges) and 17cm along the ridges (going in the direction of the ridges) So I can weld it under the hole in the cargo floor.

thanks again :)

Site wasn't loading when I tried last night :roll:

Well the good news is that I have more than enough for what you need.
The bad news is that I don't know whether I can easily remove the strengtheners and what not from the underside which means the easiest option is to cut a big whole slap in the centre of the bodycut (i.e. between the struts).

I will bring out the grinder tomorrow morning and have a bash at it and give you a better response then!

sparkywig said:
gvee said:
I have a big chunk.

That's not what we've heard....

....sniggers :lol:

gvee said:
Well the good news is that I have more than enough for what you need.
The bad news is that I don't know whether I can easily remove the strengtheners and what not from the underside which means the easiest option is to cut a big whole slap in the centre of the bodycut (i.e. between the struts).

quote]

thanks mate, its much appreciated :)

if it makes it easier for you, you could just chop the sides of the strengtheners off and leave a flat strip of it left to the floor. I can chop the rest off and tidy it up no problems......or failing that cutting between struts sounds do-able :)

Sorry dude, not forgotten about this, just have been kept away from the bus for the past few days. Will get on it this weekend for you

Sorted the cut this morning: 43cm x 76cm is what I'm left with (the 76 is across the ridges).

By my reckoning if I give you a third of that (giving you 43cm x 25cm) that should cover it, right?
I can cut that piece in half again (lengthways this time!) to bring postage down a bit if you want.

How does £15 + postage sound? (Let me know if you think that's unreasonable!)