• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: deluxe trim behind sliding door

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admwllms

Reaction score
As above, really. I'm after a piece of deluxe trim for the cover bit behind the sliding door that curves around to the back (LHD, dunno if that makes a difference). Doesn't have to be new, in fact probably better that it isn't so it blends in with the rest - but decent condition would be good.

Do you know how long it is ?got a piece but don't know where it's from.if you get me a size I'll check for you..Dave

Cheers Dave, I'll have to measure it tomorrow as I'd wake up the baby if I check now. Will report back :D

I can't find my proper tape measure so had to use the missus' sewing one lol but this is more like 121 mm, give or take a mm or so. I could be wrong as it's tricky to measure off the panel but judging from the size, I think the bit you've got is the middle mate, as available here:

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/baywindow_deluxe_parts--and--accessories/deluxe_parts_front_badges--and--jailbars/genuine_vw_side_middle_side_trim_1195mm_used_68-79_8263/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just realised (thought I had it but checked my parts tub) I'm also after the short rear bit that curves around from the tailgate to the side, if that makes sense.

Still looking, these are the two bits I'm looking for (opposite to driver's side on a LHD). I'm based in Spain now though, but don't mind paying extra postage - bus bits are hard to come by here.

Last bump. Anyone else got some deluxe trim they fancy selling before I stop being a tight git and save up my pennies for a whole new set?

Hi just had a look in my garage and good news i do have the ones you require i have sent you a PM with photos

vinvan said:
Hi just had a look in my garage and good news i do have the ones you require i have sent you a PM with photos

Awesome! Weirdly though I haven't received a PM?

Latest posts