• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Dormobile Coolbox

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davechorlton

Reaction score
After a dormobile coolbox for my 71 crossover. The one I have is cracked all over and pretty much beyond repair :(
It is just rectangular and doesn't have the shelf over the wheel arch, although a later one may fit with a bit of modification to the unit I guess?

Cheers D

davechorlton said:
After a dormobile coolbox for my 71 crossover. The one I have is cracked all over and pretty much beyond repair :(
It is just rectangular and doesn't have the shelf over the wheel arch, although a later one may fit with a bit of modification to the unit I guess?

Cheers D

I have one, will check condition on the weekend & get some pics.

Loxy said:
davechorlton said:

Cheers D

I have one, will check condition on the weekend & get some pics.

Cheers.

Hi Dave,
you may struggle mate. I've been looking for one (http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25025&hilit=cool+box+dormobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to & they just don't come up in good condition. I've had a look though and its just plastic,seam joined together.I was thinking of knocking one up myself and joining it all together with silicone sealant.If your pretty handy,it may be an alternative for you.
Kind Regards - Rob

Yep they do seem to be like the proverbial rocking horse sh*t. I almost bought an entire interior on e-bay last week for couple hundred quid with a view to re-selling minus coolbox!

I guess I could attempt my own or cutting some plastic and glueing it over cracks/holes. Have beem looking to find a water tank same size but to no avail. Just keen not to have water hitting cargo floor, as I am already having to repair a rusty patch!

Let me know how you get on, and if my some miracle I find something you are welcome to my old one which if you are handier than me you might be able to fix. Either that or next year there may be a fridge!

Dave

Hi

I may have a coolbox in my old units, they are at a mates house as they're having a make over.The dormobile is low mileage and was off the road for 20 years, so not sure of condition, I'll check condition if you're still interested.
Kurt

Latest posts