• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Early bay (69-70) rear tinware for a twinport

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopperdrake

Reaction score
Howdy folks - I'm after the engine bay closing panel which sits behind the fan housing, for a 69/70 twinport engine, so it needs the doghouse cut out. I have the singleport piece but getting the engine up to scratch so matching the twinport fan to the twinport engine (will be a lot better than the singleport fan/twinport engine mix we used to have!).

Can anyone help? Don't fancy hacking the good piece of singleport tinware up to make it fit :(

unfortunatly what your asking for is a very rare bit of kit and it took me 10 months to find one . The best and quickest way is to cut a slot in the tinwear you have with the four corners drilled out and use a jigsaw with a metal blade if your careful you can make a good job of it

Gadget :wink:

If you can get your hands on a bug tin (lots about) then call Steve

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5290

looks good when finnished obviously depends on your own ability

Cheers for the advice - I was coming to that conclusion but didn't want to hack apart a good bit of metal :( Are they rare on account of not many early bays having twinport engines in the past?

The doghouse tinware was a 1 year only part 1970-71,then as Gadget says the engine bay was changed.Very hard to find and when you do f'kin expensive.Have got to make some more extension pieces,if you would like one let me know its easier and cheaper to get a beetle doghouse piece and add the extension piece.If i can get the chance will get some photos on fitting one.

Steve

Latest posts