• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Early bay.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catanddavo

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to the group,have been viewing vans for the past two weeks and still havent found what we are looking for,thought id post on here to see if anybody can help,I am looking for a long term project with a solid chassis,to restore back to original,not too fussed about paintwork or doors or the odd body panel,would like relatively rust free as possible.interior also not an issue,

checklist is as follows
RHD
Westy, Devon or similiar pedigree-Something that will hold value
tax exempt,
Solid Chassis,
Not too molested-not full o filler!
Bit of history would be nice
few shiny bits would be nice,along with at least a couple of months mot so we can get a bit of use out of it before we start the restoration,
The more original the better.

As for budget-looking at vans around the 2-4k mark could stretch to 4.5 possibly if it ticks all the above,definitely no more panel vans with windows cut in,have viewed 3 this week.

I know thats a big ask for the money but there must be one out there somewhere!

Many thanks

Dave and Cat
Sorry about the grammar! :mrgreen:

Hi

Have you seen this we have for sale http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I know its not RHD but it is very solid underneath, minoe bit of welding required under the screen but we could sort that for you if required.

Open to sensible offers,

Or if you can stretch a bit further we have this arriving in a couple of weeks time http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At your budget you really are gonna struggle to get something that fits your requirements

RHD
Westy, Devon or similiar pedigree-Something that will hold value
tax exempt,
Solid Chassis,
Not too molested-not full o filler!
Bit of history would be nice
few shiny bits would be nice,along with at least a couple of months mot so we can get a bit of use out of it before we start the restoration
The more original the better

I'd prioritise your listing, item 2 I would expect at your initial outlay that with a bit of graft and investment you should be aiming to increase your investment not hold it....

most of the conversions you will be viewing at this price RHD will be rotten with lots of filler and dodgy welding, that shiney coat will soon fall away.

Go for the most solid shell you can find on your budget and fit an interior of choice slow time or in a oner at great expense....

After driving to plymouth,maidenhead and lancashire in the last week to look at cheap rust buckets,30 miles down the road just found a 72' devon poptop RHD nice and solid chassis with a lovely interior for a bit over my budget but still a bargain,going to pick up on friday thanks for the advice,it pays to spend a bit more at first to save in the long run i guess,Will post some pics up as soon as i get it back on the drive!Glad the search is over,sick of seeing such poor campers!

Thanks to any who replied

Dave

Latest posts