• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED. Front bumper irons to fit a 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is this a crossover, has it an early bay front bumper..

Ron

Yes 72 crossover with the wrap around front bumper. Has the rubber pads on bumper ends under the doors

I believe these are the same as an early bay, yes?

Ron

I have been told early bay to 71 do not fit and need to be for the 72

Hopefully I stand to be corrected

Put a post on a Facebook page for Kent VDubs and got talking to a guy in Scotland who had broken a 72 or 2. He had 2 Pair of front irons for a 72 one in mint condition the other in need of a welder. Bought the mint set for 50.00
Got delivered home yesterday but not seen them yet as in Swindon until tonight, wife says they look great as she opened the pack for me.
We will see
Did get photos.
image_14.jpeg

They look the same as my 71, but may measure up differently.

Good find!

Have to check the set I have in my basement !!! I'm sure mine are crossover ones I have spare !!! Interesting to know

Bolt kit should be here tomorrow so will offer the bumper up before painting up the irons. I will also measure the bolt holes body side and bumper side as well.
If they don't fit I have been done and if they do and the measurements are the same as pre 72 then we have a bit more knowledge to pass on down the line
Appreciate the interest

Latest posts