• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted headlight relay for 72 crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello matey I was in your shoes what I did was take the relay apart an clean it all check ever thing mine works fine now I cleaned it

Cheers rob

Hi rob thanks but mine was rusted solid so I got one from just Kampers put it in and the lights now flash but won't switch off so off to an auto electrician next week to get it sorted oh and also getting my flip down tv installed :D

Mark

If its one of the 5 pin relays you need to add a live feed to Pin 30 to make it work, I think the originals were only 4 pin

Graham L said:
Mark

If its one of the 5 pin relays you need to add a live feed to Pin 30 to make it work, I think the originals were only 4 pin

Hi Graham cheers for that I'm taking it into my auto spark anyway so I'll let him know
Thanks mate

Graham L said:
Mark

Hi Graham I took my bus into auto sparks to check the relay I've since got another on from c&c but he's still having the same problem ie plug relay in and headlight come on without using switch they flash ok hi and low as they should but won't go off should he try the live to pin 30? My bus is a 72 crossover
Cheers
Mark

Sounds like the power is being fed straight to the lights rather than via the switch, or your light switch has broken and is acting as a switch at all has he checked the wiring against a VW wiring diagram?

Hi Graham he's tested the switch and the flasher stalk and they are fine(according to him)
I spoke to him before and there is a live feed to pin 30 he's gonna check everything again I'll take my Haynes up to him to see if it helps.
I don't fancy having to put the relay in and out when I need lighting
Still scratching my head
Mark

Latest posts