• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: middle panel opposite sliding door

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw these for sale at vanfest either C+C, status or heritage...genuine mexican panels
cant remeber who had them but they will be the same for early or lates, just the rears are different.
good luck
:wink:

to the best of my knowledge this panel isnt available from anyone. i think the one you may be thinking about is the panel opposite the sliding door for a LHD vehicle. it is not possible to use this panel as they the swadge line tapers out and thereofore it is different between N/S and O/S. Below the swadge line the panel is the same so i'd have to graft a RHD O/S swadge line onto the repro LHD N/S skin.

also i cant use the door skin off a LHD slider cos the seam around the edge is different (too small)

hi, as you know, i used the brazillian panel and grafted on a rhd swage line.
It's the only way i found asd an nos r/h/d panel will be like golddust! suppose you could use a l/h/d sliding door but you would need to fill in handle bit and it wouldn't have the proper strenghening!
Heres some pics of my bus to refresh you! I can't tell the difference!
eBAYpICS325.jpg

eBAYpICS336.jpg

bay69001.jpg

02012008348.jpg

hope it helps

did you use your original swadge or did you get hold of one from somewhere? the trouble is i'm not too sure how gd the sides of the panel and along the top (just below the gutter) are. may have to consider the LHD repro panel and then just swapping the swadge line off a donor or something

Hi, i used the whole new Brazillian panel up to the gutter.Once happy with the fit top and bottom, the swage line was carefully cut out and a replacement section grafted in from an otherwise knackered '78 van.(my original swage line was tossed!) I really can't see any other way of doing this! Hope ur reading Mr schofield! We need a middle side panel for a R.H.D! :wink: :wink:

ok, suppose this would allow you to line up the panel as a whole. then cut and graft the donor swadge.

going by your photos you didnt just tack in the whole panel, cut out the swadge and weld the donor in? you welded the panel in fully, then added the donor?

NaFe

Yes, i got the fit top and bottom perfect and finished off then cut out and let in a replacement swage. that way the panel is in it's final position and there will be no chance of distorsion once the swage is welded on. You may do it a different way tho but i found this worked a treat!

Good looking job on yours - did you buy the swage line or hack it from the original (if that's at all possible)?

Latest posts