• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED>> Original Dormobile roof aperture trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallyvan

Reaction score
Does anyone have for the original plastic Dormobile roof aperture trim for sale please (x2 White plastic strips that sometimes had a red sticker saying do not drive with roof up?

Here's hoping!
Cheers.

I'ma afraid I can't help but I didn't realise they were supposed to have a sticker (not that I need a sticker to tell me that, obviously!!)

This is probably only going to be 50% helpful but I have one of the curved bits (and the 2 straight bits as well)

I will double check again today to see if I can find the missing curved bit.

Whereabouts are you as I am not keen on posting bits this big

Hi, great news thank you.
It's only the curved bits I need, and one is better than none!
I am in Cheshire, so would cover the postage.
How much do you want for them/it please?
Ta.

Nope, sorry Wally - mine was all present and correct...

Knowing you were looking (and I'm ususally on the lookout for Dormobile bits too...) I directed your attention towards a post about someone with some Dormobile bits for sale, but it turned out to be an ancient thread which had re-surfaced, the way they do sometimes.

So no, I didn't find any, but I wasn't really looking, I only forwarded you that bit as I thought it might have helped in your 'quest'.!

Wallyvan - sorry I can't find the bugger anywhere at the moment - it definitely here somewhere - I will keep looking.

I was wondering if you could make a curved one from a straight one maybe - possibly using hot water and or a heat gun? - looking at the ones in my van I reckon that's how Martin Walter did it originally

I am currently trying to glue mine together as it was cut up/broken in a previous life....

I never seem to have much luck glueing thin plastic things - if it doesn't work I'll be trying a piece of this, cutting and bending it - I think it should work and look OK with the curved edge on the bottom and the existing plastic piping on the top...

Shame you have to buy 15m of the stuff

You could get a company to make an extrusion for you? It's all a matter of making a die (initial expense) then ordering a length. As stated, the curved bit is only a bent bit of the same extrusion. Minimum order quantity will probably be about 100m but you could advertise and sell the remainder in 'kits' 0 plenty of people will come after it for all roof aperture applications!

Quick google:

https://www.tpextrusions.com/custom-plastic-extrusion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wallyvan - I have been having a massive garage tidy up and I have found the bits of trim - 1 curved bit and 2 straight bits -

Please let me know if you are still interested in any of the bits before I add them to a bunch of other stuff that I am selling. Not sure the best way to post them as some of the courier companies have a limit on max length that might rule theses bits out of posting.

Nuvolairi64 - the curved bit is provisionally sold to wallyvan. Not sure if you are interested in just the straight bits? Let me know - getting them to you could be difficult if we can't meet though as I didn't realise how hard / expensive it is to send long things over 1m by courier.

1.2m seems to be the limit and after that it gets MEGA expensive!

hi all,
thanks for all your help so far on this. 1 original curved trim piece down, one to go!
Does anyone have one knocking around please?
Thanks!

Latest posts