• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted. Raw steel/painted wide 5 hub caps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesnailman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. Looking for some original painted hub caps. Don't mind a bit of surface rust, but no chrome please. What have you got hiding out there in the shed/garage that can help me?

I think that you can still buy raw steel ones, I got mine from vwh.

These aren’t for sale by the way, but is this the sort of thing you’re looking for?
These are my original panel van type caps complete with rust and holes, cleaned off and clear lacquered to slow down the process a tad,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, like these way too much, might take em orf, and wrap dem up :mrgreen:

Thanks Chad. Guess I'm being a bit tight as while I knew I could buy them new I'm reluctant to spend £100 on them...

Ozzidog...... Not seen them like that before. I've got some photos of mine in its early years and it has just the regular trims in primer. You wrap yours up and take to bed if you want, but they're safe from my thieving fingers regardless

With the panel vans, they came as grey or white hub caps originally, supposedly so the grey ones could be painted to match the vehicles livery if required, I don’t know that as fact but that’s my bestest guess. I have a chrome set too but they are repros and seem to be unwilling to stay with the van after about the third roundabout, I think they get giddy. Plus their chrome leaves a lot to be desired :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, we all know about most repro stuff :mrgreen:

Latest posts