• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: RHD steering box

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james309

Reaction score
As per title, need a steering box, in good order for my 68 bay.

Anything about ?

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try Graham at Midland Early Bay , he may be able to do something for you and he may be your only choice but I`m not sure.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,bit hard to come by. :mrgreen:

Thanks I'll give him a try.

I have a box ATM, but any adjustment makes the steering tight.

james309 said:

Sounds like the peg is binding on the worm, where you get the most wear is straight ahead and just a little each side, gradually the peg wears into the worm and it`s the worm that we can`t get replicated, some one reported success with a modified peg. But I`d go for a recon and they`ll use the best bits you can get. Don`t know if this will work but you are between a rock and a hardplace. There is a liquid grease available for steering boxes etc, it may just have a little more body to it to make adjustment possible, it`s got to be worth a shot. Don`t use regular grease that`ll give you worserer issues, I`d get some, drain the steering box, fill with liquid grease and try it.It sounds like it can`t be worserer :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Holy Grail :mrgreen:

james309 said:

Anything about ?

James

About to "extricate" a box (RHD) so not bench tested for play yet ...
What's your budget for one with little or no play in it?

ozziedog said:
james309 said:

Sounds like the peg is binding on the worm, where you get the most wear is straight ahead and just a little each side, gradually the peg wears into the worm and it`s the worm that we can`t get replicated, some one reported success with a modified peg. But I`d go for a recon and they`ll use the best bits you can get. Don`t know if this will work but you are between a rock and a hardplace. There is a liquid grease available for steering boxes etc, it may just have a little more body to it to make adjustment possible, it`s got to be worth a shot. Don`t use regular grease that`ll give you worserer issues, I`d get some, drain the steering box, fill with liquid grease and try it.It sounds like it can`t be worserer :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Holy Grail :mrgreen:
Thanks will give it a whirl !

Dub and Bubber said:
james309 said:

Anything about ?

James

About to "extricate" a box (RHD) so not bench tested for play yet ...
What's your budget for one with little or no play in it?

I need one just tell me what you want for it ?

Latest posts