• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[WANTED] Tailgate, Heat Exchangers & Carb Linkage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panel
Wanted:

- Early tailgate, rust free, ready to bolt on. Not fussed about colour/finish.
- OG heat exchangers, again, ready to bolt on. Mine have small holes where the exhaust joins and I need something to swap on instead of decommissioning the engine for a repair.
- Carb linkage for twin 34 Webers. The one I have is okay but I'm not enamoured by it. Looking to swap for something else.

What have you got?

Can pick up at Dubfreeze, Leeds/Harrogate area or price posted, please!

mate, i just swapped out my hex bar linkage for a csp belcrank linkage, heritage are doing a good price at the mo, What a massive difference, cant belive that i persevered with the hex bar so long, easier to balance, tune and much more responsive!

spanneredmonkey said:
mate, i just swapped out my hex bar linkage for a csp belcrank linkage, heritage are doing a good price at the mo, What a massive difference, cant belive that i persevered with the hex bar so long, easier to balance, tune and much more responsive!
This one? https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC129944/linkage-csp-bellcrank-type-1-for-34-ict-s/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of stock, sadly :( Subscribed to see when it comes back in to stock!

Was looking at this one: http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=186&category_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=119&vmcchk=1&Itemid=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But didn't really want to be spending as much as that along with everything else!

I have a tailgate in good condition from memory £100 I can sort some pictures
Adam

yeah man thats the CSP chipper I have, I am very impressed with it! much less slop than the hex linkage, and easier to adjust and moves a lot slicker

spanneredmonkey said:
yeah man thats the CSP chipper I have, I am very impressed with it! much less slop than the hex linkage, and easier to adjust and moves a lot slicker
I'm surprised there's no return spring on the CSP one. Does it just rely on the carb/pedal springs being strong enough?

I know what you mean I bought a CB hex bar linkage kit and wixhed I hadn't its mickey mouse - now knowing what I do looking at the VS bell crank kit that is what I would go for - but I can't 'cos I'm skint - BOLLOCKS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a tailgate, mostly rust free apart from small section on window lip. Check out the pics on my listing...http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=64074&p=529479#p529479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris.

Latest posts