• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Westy canvas aluminium strips

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookieson

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of aluminium strips that hold the westy pop top canvas to the roof of my van.

Please PM me if you have any.

Thanks

Cookieson.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-Westfalia-Camper-Canvas-Securing-Trim-68-73-Bay-Window-/271442222512?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3f33379db0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not cheap though ooofffftttt

My 71 didn't have these in it when purchased. I wound up getting set from a friend from his parts bus. The strange thing was that the holes in the aluminum trim were spaced somewhat differently (close but not perfect) between the strips I got and the holes in the roof of my bus. I'm not sure if that was just my typical bad luck or if it may be that the strips and holes vary slightly from bus to bus.

Good luck in your search for them!

We have some of those longer trim strips,
£40 each
Collect Cambridge

VW%20dormobile%20trim%201.jpg

dazza1975 said:
As title says, i have a sent of hold down ali strips that connects the canvas to the roof.

2 long curved sections and 2 short, one the same as long and the other different.

Not sure what there worth but looking at others available Looking at £150 for the lot!

Can collect from Watford area, Weighbridge Surrey or Stanford Hall.

Latest posts