waxoyl Guide

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Reaction score
First job I'm looking to do to my 1971 bus when I collect it is give it a good waxoyl. I've been looking on the web for a video or picture guide to doing this but can't find a specific bus guide for this procedure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Sorry, I am not aware of any online guide for this. If you have a look at a few of the resto threads in the gallery section of this forum you will be able to see the relativly simple structure of the body and where you have to inject.

Personally I prefer to use Dinitrol because it creeps into the seams and IMO its a superior product.

If you must use waxoil then thin it down till it flows like oil. Straight out the can it tends to be thick like lumpy yoghurt and hence wont creep and flow.

Dont be tempted to just heat the tin up like some people advise. Although this will make it runny in the tin and the pump, once it hits the cold metal of the body cavities it will rapidly cool back to its lumpy yoghurt viscosity and will not flow and creep enough to penetrate the seams and narrow spaces.

Thanks mate I had not heard of Dinitrol, I've read about Bilt & Hamber S50 though.

Are these products now considered to be a modern 'upgrade' to the Waxoyl?

ATB :)

Latest posts